jspitfire

Broken Tripod - Manfrotto 190XB - Parts Help

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

I had my tripod out in the snow last weekend and it appears I have broken it! The small grey push tabs that lock the leg angles in have broken on two of the legs.

I found a spare parts page on Manfrotto's website: http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/spareparts/site/manfrotto/cache/off,
but I'm not going to go through 1300 parts trying to find the right one! Also it does not appear to have any info on how to order parts, but I guess once I know what I need I can contact Manfrotto and find that out.

So if anyone know's the part number or where to get it that would be a huge help! I would really rather not send the whole thing in for repairs if it's possible to just get the parts and do it myself.

Thanks

Jason

dlowwa

RE: Broken Tripod - Manfrotto 190XB - Parts Help

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Hey Jason,

It was actually pretty easy, just find the listing for the 190XB, and it links to a PDF you can download that lists all of the parts for that tripod.

190XB

Looking at the PDF, it seems the part you need is R190,534.

It's funny, because I have the same tripod, and the screw to tighten the telescoping central column became de-threaded last year. I've been using a bolt (and therefore need a wrench to adjust the column) since then, but maybe this'll let motivate me to actually replace the part! If you find out how to actually order it through Manfrotto (or Bogen), let me know, otherwise I'll try the local camera shop and see if they can order it.

Dana

viv

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:49 pm

I ordered a Manfrotto baseplate from Robertwhite.co.uk

Good price and good service.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

jspitfire

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks Dana, this is looking a lot easier than I thought it would be! With my serial number it's part #R190-504, so I just went to B&H Photo's website and typed in the part number, and there you go, $5 each!

Hopefully you can find your part just as easily!

Thanks again

Jason