dvincent
Topic Author

The NEC EA231WMI-BK - New Monitor Bargain?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:30 pm

I've been in the market for a new monitor, and I've noticed that there's a new budget IPS panel monitor out there. The 23 inch NEC EA231WMI-BK seems to be a great budget monitor once you get the color dialed in. I'm used to dialing in color, so that's not a big deal to me. I am curious if any poster here owns the monitor and can share their experiences.

I'm still running a ten year old LaCie electronblue tube monitor. It was one of the best color monitors out there and it's still going strong, but I think it's due for retirement or at least to be put aside as a secondary monitor. It loses its color faster than it used to and I'm having to push the brightness and contrast more and more on each calibration. I'm not in a rush to replace it, but by the end of the year I'd like to move to something new.

http://www.amazon.com/NEC-EA231WMI-B...A-Black-14MS-Monitor/dp/B002LARVYK
From the Mind of Minolta

vishaljo

RE: The NEC EA231WMI-BK - New Monitor Bargain?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:09 pm

IPS Monitors

Going by that ^ The one you listed is quoted as the best small budget monitor out there.

Dazed767

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Hmmm I like this over the Dell 2209WA now....thanks for pointing it out.

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Quoting dvincent (Thread starter):
once you get the color dialed in

I always hear about this, but never know what I'm doing. I have a Westinghouse 22" LCD screen. How do I calibrate my monitor for best results?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

dvincent
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 3):
I always hear about this, but never know what I'm doing. I have a Westinghouse 22" LCD screen. How do I calibrate my monitor for best results?

It takes some knowledge and some hardware. Fortunately a lot of modern calibrators do a lot of the heavy lifting for you with great results.

Look into an EyeOne Display or a Spyder; they work pretty well.
From the Mind of Minolta