tpa36r

Question On Motive.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Forgive me for asking but I'm trying to get the hang of things around here. Take a look at this...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tomasz Wasinski

Wouldn't this fall under a rejection of some sort with the crew member basically standing out throughout the whole image?

[Edited 2010-04-06 13:36:51]

dlowwa

RE: Question On Motive.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Technically, if the crew member is not blocking any part of the aircraft (hard to tell but it doesn't seem that that's the case here) then it doesn't fall under the 'motive' rejection category. However, as with most of the categories, it is subjective, and someone who might not be blocking a part of the aircraft but is otherwise distracting or detrimental to the image could cause a motive rejection. Conversely if a crew member is deemed an essential part of the image even though they may be blocking some part of the aircraft, exceptions can and will be made. If you look through the database, I'm sure you will find other images with ground crew in the frame or even partially obscuring the aircraft.

Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Dana

acontador

RE: Question On Motive.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 am

And complementing on what Dana said, it's a very nice image, with a wonderful play of shadow and light, and while keeping the dark feeling in front of the very bright light it's still perfectly exposed! While I didn’t screen it, I would have had no hesitation in adding it, well done Tomasz!
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!