micreaux
Topic Author

Suggestions For Spotting/photography In Spokane

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 am

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on good locations for spotting in Spokane at either GEG or Fairchild. I'm new to the area and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Regards!

seahawks7757

RE: Suggestions For Spotting/photography In Spokane

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 am

Sorry Bro on the other side of the state. Wish I could help you out. Have you tried the parking garage? Good place to start.

BO__einG

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 am

Parking garage works at Spokane but it only covers the existing terminal. You can get some overview/parking shots as well as takeoffs but it has to be morning or evening.
There is also a road that goes infront of the main runway and you can pull over to get approach shots. That is as far as I know from experience. Another good source would be to use google maps/satellite image of spokane airport to scout the area in advance, google streetview may even help.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

3000GT

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 am

On GEG, you can get some shots on both ends of RWY 3/21, but RWY 21 is preferred. However, WSP and Airway Heights police like to take their lunch breaks there sometimes so be prepared to be hassled. The parking garage that over looks Concourse C, you can get some decent shots of Horizon and Alaska Airlines with a long zoom, but sometimes the air bridges/staircases gets in the way and you have to deal with airport security when caught. Forget Fairchild, wait for the air show because that's the only way you can get some decent pictures. Also, RWY 5 is accesible by driving down hwy 2 pass FAFB main gate and turning left on Brooks Rd, but there's an open field shooting range down the road where WSP and Sheriff like to practice, so you can forget it.

General aviation in Felts Field located at Trent is a good place for spotting props if you're in to that and no security hassles. They have some bi-planes, cessna's, WWII, and vintage aircraft including the oldest flying Boeing aircraft in the world - the Boeing 40C. I've met the owner/pilot that restored it along with his wife, he has couple of vintage aircraft that his sons also fly. Saturday is the best day to spot.

Hope this helps.

micreaux
Topic Author

Sat May 01, 2010 1:53 am

That is helpful. Thank you both, 3000GT and BO__einG

I'll venture out there soon and see what I can see!