belfordrocks
Topic Author

Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Vs Dslr

Mon May 03, 2010 1:05 am

Hi all,

I have been considering upgrading my current camera to a DSLR for some time now, but the FinePix HS10 caught my eye- DSLR-like zoom and focus, 24-720mm(!!) lens, good high ISO quality, full HD 1080p video, and 10fps at the full 10mp size!

All of this for about $300 less than a DSLR. It's really a camera that has everything DSLR-like, only not. Kind of a bridge between a bridge camera and a DSLR (if I'm making sense!)

So, is this jack-of-every-possible-trade camera worth it more than a DSLR? Opinions?

Thanks

clickhappy

RE: Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Vs Dslr

Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 am

The issue that all small P&S style cameras suffer from are 1) Noise, due to small sensor size, and 2) Shutter lag, but if you practice you can make it work, you can even pan 
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Royal S King

JakTrax

RE: Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Vs Dslr

Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 am

I'm afraid these 'jack-of-all-trades' P&S cameras just don't work for me. Small sensor as Royal mentioned (leading to excessive noise, no matter how great they tell you it is), shutter lag, wide-angle to telephoto lens (which will no doubt degrade quality), etc.

If you are serious, then a DSLR it should be. If these advanced P&S cameras were so brilliant as advertised we'd all be using them at a fraction of the price of our DSLRs. The choice however is entirely yours - just make sure you don't regret your decision!

Karl