Topic Author

Astana Spotters? Rare Visitor Heads-up!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:02 pm

It's a long shot, but if there are any spotters in Astana, Kazakhstan (probably not, given how few photos from Astana there are in the database) I wanted to let you know that a fairly rare visitor will be heading your way next month.

On October 12th, the German national football team will be coming to Astana to play Kazakhstan's national football team. While I do not know when or how the players will arrive, I do know that the German Football Association has arranged for a fan charter operated by Condor from Frankfurt.

Current planned flight times are:

11OCT FRA-TSE 23:55 - 09:40+1

13OCT TSE-FRA 04:00 - 06:10

All times are local for the given airport, so the flight will arrive in Astana on Tuesday morning. The match itself is at 23:00 Kazakh time on the 12th.

The aircraft to be used is a Boeing 757-300, which given Condor's fleet size means that there's a one in thirteen chance that you'll get to see the special-livery aircraft D-ABON.

I'm booked on the fan flight, and look forward to my first visit to Kazakhstan. I'll post updates nearer to the date if anything changes.

Public service announcement: "It's" = "it is". To indicate posession, write "its." Looks wrong, but it's correct grammar