AviatorG
Topic Author

LHR Today?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 am

Hey folks,

I've recently moved to England (for 6 months), & I'm looking foward to finally heading down to Heathrow today for some quality spotting!  
I'm sure quite of few spotters may be out trying to get some decent frames of BA's final 757 service (G-CPET) & I would love to get in on the action as well  . It's fairly late notice, but considering the great "unexpected" wx I intend to head that way shortly & was curious to know where the best locations to get today's arrivals into LHR would be  . (Should a runway change be anticated?) I'll be sure to walk with ID as advised. I'm sure there have been many similar threads, but any feedback would be very much appreciated!  

Rotate

RE: LHR Today?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:14 am

Hi there

They are taking the 27R to land, so Bath road is the place to be. Later they will switch to 27L. I dont know if you have a car. Even if not the 27s are easily managable without a car.
Shame I didnt get the opportunity to nail that retro 757 ....
ABC

chris78cpr

RE: LHR Today?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:29 pm

I was down at Esso from around 11am until about 2:30pm. Left during the rain storm and then saw it went lovely again.... GRRRRRRR
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII