tintinmania

Is A GE X5 Good For A.net

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

I Have a GE x5 camera, and want to know if it is okay for a.net. Also, is corel paint shop pro okay for editing? Any tips on it? Thanks

Tintinmania
I like aviation

dlowwa

RE: Is A GE X5 Good For A.net

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 am

Quoting Tintinmania (Thread starter):
I Have a GE x5 camera, and want to know if it is okay for a.net.

By 'ok for a.net' I assume you are asking if you will be able to take images that will be accepted here. In that case, the answer is no. In all but the most ideal conditions, the quality of the built-in super zoom lens and the small sensor size means there is too much compromise in image quality. The only situation I could see you getting something acceptable for here would be close-up static shots on bright sunny days. If those are the conditions you see yourself shooting in, then I might change my answer to a qualified 'perhaps'.

JakTrax

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 am

I've not used the Corel photo editing programs but I'd be more inclined to go with a version of Photoshop Elements. It's the most universally-used editing software with plenty of support.

Karl

tintinmania

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks Guys.

Hopefully I will get a Rebel XS soon

Tintinmania
I like aviation

megatop412

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:15 pm

I concur on the point and shoot issue. They just don't have enough dynamic range.

I use Paint Shop Pro and love it. You can create layers and adjust sharpening just like in Photoshop. It has a "smart fix tool" that can adjust things automatically, but I wouldn't reccommend going with its suggestions all the time, they tend to go a little overboard with making things brighter and more color saturated than needed, so you need to go manual here.