EGTESkyGod
Topic Author

Photo Usage Request Facebook And Twitter

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 am

Hi all

I require some advice... I've had an email from "FlyMeNow - The Private Jet & Helicopter Company" requesting usage of the photograph below on their Facebook and Twitter accounts to promote the aircraft... Should I ask for some kind of payment? Put my name on the copy of the photograph because facebook allows users to Right Click and Save images?

The photo in question:
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Charlie W Carter (EGTESkyGod)

What say you, A.netters?

Cheers

Charlie
I came, I saw, I Concorde! RIP Michael Jackson

Stealthz

RE: Photo Usage Request Facebook And Twitter

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:14 am

Charlie,
I would ask for some form of compensation, they are using it to promote their business.

Just because it is FB & twitter it is still marketing and promotion.

Cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

dazbo5

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

Quoting EGTESkyGod (Thread starter):
Should I ask for some kind of payment?

Most definately yes! They are wanting to use your photo to advertise their aircraft for reward. You are entitled to a share of that so ask them to make you an offer or give them a quote. If they only want to used it for a webpage, they might only want say 400 pixels wide so I wouldn't worry too much about watermarking or anything.

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

EGTESkyGod
Topic Author

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks guys... I'll email them and ask them to make me an offer. I'm currently in Sydney but I go back to the UK next week and I already told them they'd have to wait until I get home to get the picture, so we'd sort it out then.

mwhcvt

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

I think facebook will only offer the "Download This Picture" options on photos over 712px or 714px on the longest edge so just agree not to let them have a file bigger than this for facebook and that illiminates the download issue, I now never upload more than 700px widest on to facebook. I have no experience of twitter so cannot comment hope this helps.

Matt
MWHCVT
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

Airplanepics

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:30 pm

They are a fairly large brokerage company, I'd ask for some goodies - I doubt you'd get a cash payment if I'm honest.
Simon - London-Aviation.com

EGTESkyGod
Topic Author

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 pm

I asked him to come up with an offer and the reply was "Don't worry about it, enjoy yourself in Australia", so that's the end of that one...