teopilot
Topic Author

Paris Le Bourget: Some Info

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello guys!

As happens every 2 years, in June, Paris Airshow has opened its gates...
For now, to "professionists" only... but from Friday also common people will be allowed to enter.

I'm going there on Saturday... And I can't wait!!!  
I was there in the 2009 edition... and all was spectacular.

But this time I want to be more "organized": the static display will take a lot of time to be seen well... and during the last edition there was the possibility to take a sort of "guided tour" of several airplanes... For example, I spent some time walking around an USAF F 15, with some explanations made by a pilot... or the big C 17 too.
Unfortunately, during that "tours" there was, obviously, no time for watching at the air displays.
As they will be a lot all the day long, I'd like to have a sort of schedule, so that I could know the scheduled time for the exibitions I am interested in. I think the rest of the time could be dediated to the static display.

So... Do you have any link to give me with a schedule or a program of the flight displays?

Then... There will be any place where I could get closer to the runway, so that planes will be not so far, and "affordable" with my 70-200 + 1.4?

Thank you very much in advance,
Matteo Stella

teopilot
Topic Author

RE: Paris Le Bourget: Some Info

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

No one has any ideas?

ThierryD
Crew

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 am

Matteo,

you can get an actual flight schedule of the show at Le Bourget; the flight program is different every day and depending on the weather, so the only reliable schedule actually only is the one you get at the show.

There's only one place where you can get a bit closer to the runway and that is at the end of the static display but it will be enormously crowded on the public days so better get there very early if e.g. you want photos of planes on the taxiway/runway.
70-200 with a 1.4 converter will not be enough for the flight display of the smaller aircraft but you should do fine for the bigger ones.

Cheers,

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

teopilot
Topic Author

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Quoting ThierryD (Reply 2):
Matteo,

you can get an actual flight schedule of the show at Le Bourget; the flight program is different every day and depending on the weather, so the only reliable schedule actually only is the one you get at the show.

There's only one place where you can get a bit closer to the runway and that is at the end of the static display but it will be enormously crowded on the public days so better get there very early if e.g. you want photos of planes on the taxiway/runway.
70-200 with a 1.4 converter will not be enough for the flight display of the smaller aircraft but you should do fine for the bigger ones.

Cheers,

Thierry

Thank you very much, Thierry... and sorry if I write you now, but I was a bit busy to answer. But, actually, I found some time to read your answer before going there: so, I was preparred on what to do!  
As a matter of fact I asked directly for it, and I was given the flight programme, which was respected apart from a couple of exibition .

Talking about the flight exibitions, I found a good place right where you said... a bit crowded, but not so much as I had expected (I went several times to buy some water... so you can easily figure out that you could move around without any problem...   )
As you said, for smaller aircraft it was a bit difficult to get good shots... but if smokes were on, you would have been able to do good compositions!
(and that's what I did!)  

On the other hand, I had some problem to fit all the big A380 in the frame! LOL

Thank you very much again, Thierry!  

Matteo