charlesp
Topic Author

Photographing Downtown Chicago From Window Seat

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 am

I'm flying from ABQ to CLT on Labor Day weekend, and I have a layover in Chicago O'Hare. I'm bringing my camera with me, and I was wondering what which window seat (right side or left side) would be the best for getting a good view of downtown Chicago before landing?

I'll be on an American Eagle flight that is using a CRJ-700, and this will my first layover I've ever had in Chicago. I would greatly appreciate any good advice from anyone.

goboeing

RE: Photographing Downtown Chicago From Window Seat

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 am

I think you are best off with a seat on the left.

If they are landing west, you might fly right over downtown on downwind (not a great view unless you are in the cockpit and then it's A++) but on final facing west downtown will now be on your left for a couple minutes.

charlesp
Topic Author

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:38 am

Would you be talking about my flight from ABQ to ORD? My departing flight goes through Chicago, and my return flight goes through DFW. As it stands right now, I have a window seat on the right a few rows in front of the wing, but there is still a window seat available about one row in front of the wing on the left side.

Smalbany

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 pm

I believe that I had a seat on the right side of the plane on a fligtht from ORD to ALB and was able to take the following shot.