Gregor83
Topic Author

Petition: Re-opening The Observation Deck At BUD

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Dear All,

Please kindly check and sign our online petition regarding the re-opening of the observation terrace on the 2A terminal at Budapest/Ferihegy Airport.
The airportal.hu spotter community is confident there is high-demand for such a great viewing area, not only from aviation photographers & spotters, but from many-many passengers, visitors, families.
The petition will be sent to Mr Jost Lammers, CEO, Budapest Airport.

The petition

Thank you,

Gergely

ptrjong

RE: Petition: Re-opening The Observation Deck At BUD

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I signed and added this comment.

Peter 

Adults and children alike enjoy looking at the planes when using the airport or on a day out. It creates a positive attitude towards your aiport and makes it a generally more humane place. Don't turn your airport into a grim, faceless fortress. Thanks.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

AdamS

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks Peter!
AdamS
AIRportal.hu

lgw340

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Consider it done! Would love to visit the museum there so would be great if the viewing are is open too
Live life from the window seat...

JakTrax

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm actually going to BUD for aviation photography in September (20-23) so I've signed it. Would be good to hear some tips about the photo locations and whether or not I'll need a car?

Cheers,

Karl

AdamS

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Karl,

for information about the spotting and photo positions at BUD/LHBP please see our detailed spotter guide here: http://www.airportal.hu/bud_lhbp_spo...guide/bud_lhbp_photo-positions.php

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask us in the forum.

Regards,
AdamS

My photos: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?album=5434

JakTrax

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Looks like I'll need a car then?

Also, where's best to stay? Currently I'm looking at the Ibis BUD airport.

Cheers,

Karl

AdamS

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:49 am

All of the spotting points on the "afternoon side" (S-W) can be appoached by public transport + maximum 30 min walk, but if you can afford I suggest to rent a car. Please note at some of the spots you cannot go directly to the fence by car.

Actually Ibis - however it says "Ibis-Aero" - is not so close to the airport (cca 15-20 min by car), but if you rent a car it's not a problem. The nearest hotel to the airport is http://www.airporthotel.hu/ but it might be more expensive.

Cheers, Adam

palmjet

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:41 pm

I have also signed the petition. I think it's criminal that these facilities have not been re-opened. Here's my response:

"Please consider re-opening the observation deck at BUD. So few airports around the world have this wonderful facility anymore and it would be tragic if BUD went the same way. There are examples (worldwide) of airports who have successfully managed to balance security concerns with the general public's continued interest in aviation - see how Manchester, Sydney, Zurich, Amsterdam have managed to do it. Thank you"

Many airports these days really are missing a trick - they could keep these areas open, charge an entry fee and carry out security checks (which I have no qualms about paying or being subjected to) and provide food and drinks and other "revenue raising" opportunities. It's about time that airports remembered two things: a) what their primary function is -air transportation and b) that the general public remain as interested in aviation as they always have been. Nothing has changed in this regard.
Eastern - Number One To The Sun