ghost77
Topic Author

Where Can I Buy A Nikon D800e In LAX, Help!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I urgently need a new Nikon D800e to buy in LAX and as near as possible to the airport!!!

I'm going to LAX tomorrow.

Anyone can help???

THANKS.

g77
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

clickhappy

RE: Where Can I Buy A Nikon D800e In LAX, Help!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I would try the usual suspects:

Sammy's or Calumet.

ghost77
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Sammy's is out of stock  

g77
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

youngfish

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 am

bestbuy is out of stock too
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....7&searchpage=true&_requestid=62078

The fastest way, I think, is pre-order in B&H - Photo & Video (I did).
First ones will apear around June

Geezer

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 am

First off, I was unaware that there was an "e" model D 800;

Second, if you're rich enough to by an 800, I'd probably advise, just buy yourself a D3s; of course, you'll be "struggling" to take decent pictures without owning the "latest & greatest", but then again, a little looking through the data base and you'll notice that quite a few people "manage" to do pretty decent work with a "mere" D 300 ! Seriously, the ONLY place to buy ANY camera in the price range of a D 800 is..........the place with the "best deal"; unfortunately, there is no "best deal" with ANY brand new model Nikon just coming out; ( I found that out when I thought I was about to buy a new D 7000 when they first came out.) (They ALL wanted top buck ! ) ( I finally ended up going with a "mere" D 300s instead ) It's really hard, but I still manage to take a few decent pictures with the thing.

Charley
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

cpd

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 am

Quoting geezer (Reply 4):
First off, I was unaware that there was an "e" model D 800;

Yes - there is an "e" model, which has a different low pass filter. With the D800E, the effects of the low-pass filter are removed, and the light is received by the image sensor at a single point, achieving higher-resolution images with minimal blur. More information here:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d800/

The latest issue of Nikon Pro I got a little while back mentions that supply of the "e" will limited to premium resellers due to the special nature of this camera. Although in reality, I haven't seen evidence of this. Perhaps it is a Europe only restriction.

Quoting geezer (Reply 4):
Second, if you're rich enough to by an 800, I'd probably advise, just buy yourself a D3s; of course, you'll be "struggling" to take decent pictures without owning the "latest & greatest",

The person in the market for the D800 or D800e will not be looking for a D3s. For one, a D3s is still much more expensive. It has 1/3 of the resolution and is an entirely different type of camera. The D800 is a landscape and studio camera, while the D3s is a sports/action camera.

Quoting ghost77 (Thread starter):
I urgently need a new Nikon D800e to buy in LAX and as near as possible to the airport!!!

You're going to have a difficult time getting hold of one. The D800 is in huge demand because of what it is, what it can do and the price. You aren't the only one. I want one too for portrait photography I do. You might well have to put your order down at B&H or Adorama and wait. You'll probably be in a queue. Most people I know put orders down with camera stores the moment it was launched.

[Edited 2012-04-29 04:04:38]

chris78cpr

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am

If its anything like the 5D3 then they are a bugger to get hold off. I've had mine on order for 6-7 weeks and am still waiting to receive mine. Be prepared to join a queue or pray you get very lucky finding a small independent store with stock
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII