axelesgg
Topic Author

Free Photo Request Of 777

Sat May 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I got a request from ak1@videotron.ca recently:

Quote:
Dear Axel,

Is it possible to have this digital photo of JAL Boeing 777 ID=2100176 and if possible with 2.MB+

Your picture will be ONLY use for my private photos collection on B777

Thanks again

Dann

And I have noticed that it wasn't his first time with that question:
Free Photo Request- Again? (by ThomasWarloe Dec 8 2010 in Aviation Photography)
Photo Harassment (by LGW340 Feb 4 2010 in Aviation Photography)

So my question is now to the more experienced guys (since the two topics above are locked)
Should I give him a copy of my photo? I don't know this Dann and I don't want to be cruel since he claims that he only will use it privately. It's about this photo: http://www.airliners.net/photo/2100176/L/

Thanks for answering  
Axel
Fly Draganair

Tomskii

RE: Free Photo Request Of 777

Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

As this gentleman says:
Sovietjet
"He asked me for 777 shots all the time last year. I sent him maybe 3-4 and then I kind of started ignoring him however he also stopped asking so I guess it was "mutual". I think if he had any intent of misusing them it would've been found out by now as it seems like he asks a large number of a.net uploaders for high-res photos. Therefore if these photos were published anywhere it would've probably been found by now. I think the guy just has a great liking for the 777, much like how I love Tu-134s and use several hundred Tu-134 a.net shots in a random wallpaper generator "

What does annoy me however is the fact that when you email a photographer with the question to get the pic in full HD resolution just so I can use it as my desktop, they answer you I will send it to you soon and you never hear again from them.. So that bothers me, but on the other hand I understand why they aren't sending it as well  .
Nikon D90 + Nikkor f4.5-5.6 18-105mm + Tamron f4-5.6 70-300mm

dazbo5

Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Quoting axelesgg (Thread starter):
Should I give him a copy of my photo?

That's enirely your decision. Personally, I sent a polite reply a while ago when asked the same question that he's more than welcome to have a copy of the photo from the site for his collection, but I don't give out high resolution photos.

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

Sat May 05, 2012 4:55 pm

I've had quite a few requests from him. Have sent 3 pictures, but he does tend to be a little impatient. Follow up requests etc.

ptrjong

Sat May 05, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't see what he needs all these hi res images for. They won't fit on his walls.

Also, he didn't ask nicely enough. So he doesn't get mine.

Peter 
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

yerbol
Crew

Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm

I have sent a couple of photos but I've asked something back. Then he stopped sending me e-mails.
With best regards from Almaty

bmibaby737

Mon May 07, 2012 2:15 pm

He's asking for 2MB so that he can print the photos, which, to be rather honest he should be buying off of you rather than doing himself.

Personally I said no to him each time.

cpd

Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Dannis Bord I think?  

I remember him - he does have a huge collection of B777 images which he collects and prints for his own purposes. I haven't been contacted by him since I left the site. I think the fact I have a "buy" function deters that.