rtl
Topic Author

Lowepro Pro Roller X200

Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 am

Been recommended this bag but just noticed its marginally larger than the carry on size for airlines (BA,EZY etc)
Its 15.7W x 11.2D x 24.2H vs 18W x 10D x 22H.

Has any one that uses it had it taken off them or is the difference too small to be an issue ?

I know you can remove the inner and use like a backpack for RJ flights etc

Just don't want to buy a bag thats not ideal for purpose

Many thanks

SIA6696

RE: Lowepro Pro Roller X200

Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 pm

I have the Lowepro Vertex 200AW which measures 12.6W X 10.2D X 18.5H inches.
It just squeezes under the seat or will fit in the overhead compartment on most domestic aircraft.

There is a problem with smaller regionals, i flew an ATR72 in europe and it could not fit into the overhead lockers.

Budget airlines are really strict on carry on sizes or anything bigger than stated will have to checked in. I would go with something a bit smaller as it offers flexibility without losing much capacity.
Come fly away!

rtl
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a roller but with some flexible features such as the ability to carry as a backpack. Also looking at Think Tank Airport Take Off which is just slightly smaller.
Thx

ckw

Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I've not got that bag, but have had one bad experiences with (in my opinion) overzealous FlyBe staff. In brief, a bag I had used dozens of times with no problem suddenly became the object of attention of one check in staff. Ultimately, with the use of a tape measure, she proved that the wheels on the bottom of the case meant that it exceeded regulation size by literally 1.5 cm.

Sigh. What can you do? Ever since I have stuck to bags which are strictly within published dimensions!

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

andrew50

Sat May 19, 2012 1:46 am

I know you said you wanted a roller, but I have become very apprehensive about any bags that fit in the overhead. If you get on and all the overheads are full, you are in deep trouble! I currently own a Think Tank Airport Acceleration 2.0, which is a fantastic carry on. It holds a massive amount of gear, and fits in the overhead perfectly. Think Tank bags are the best out there in my opinion. I wanted to get a backpack that would fit under the seat in case the overheads were full. I purchased a think tank Street Walker Pro, this is the gear I have in it, Canon 40D with a Canon 100-400L IS lens mounted, with the lens hood in the reverse position, another 40D with a Canon 70-300L IS mounted with the lens hood mounted in the reverse position, a Canon 24-105 lens, battery charger, scanner, extra CF cards, and batteries. Amazing what you can fit in this backpack, and it will fit under the seat.

Andrew