passrider
Topic Author

United Cpt Final Flight Into EWR May 20-request

Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 pm

United / Continental FLT 81 is a 767-400ER due in to EWR from Geneva at approximately 11:45am today. The Captain is my dad piloting his final flight before retirement and the end of a 30+ year airline career that spanned the likes of Air Florida, People Express, Continental and now United! United allowed for my wife, mom and sister to ride along and celebrate the final flight. Unfortunately I am stuck at home. Depending on how busy EWR is they may or may not be able to accommodate a water hose salute. I just thought it would be awesome if someone was able to snap a few photos of the landing/taxi/water hose salute for our family keepsakes. My apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to request - I realize it is photo related - but if I miss this opportunity it's gone forever. Thanks in advance!

termbewr

Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Congratulations to your father. 30 years sounds like an incredible, distinguished career. Coincidentally, I just flew UA 81 from Geneva to EWR this week. I missed your dad by only a few days!!!!!!

IAHFLYR

Sun May 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Congrats to your Dad, it is an awesome accomplishment. I've had the pleasure of being able to purchase a ticket for my dear friends last CO flight when he flew from SJU-IAH a couple of years back. It was very well done when we landed with the water salute and then upon exiting the aircraft the IAH Chief Pilot office had cake and beverages at the gate for him and the crews. Fun time with great memories.

As for your Dad's flight, it may be a long shot, but if you can get in contact wtih the EWR Port Authority they may be able to have on Ops person get a few pictures for you. Something such as this should be captured for the family. Give it a try and start searching for the number to call them, ya never know.

Best of luck and again congratulations.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.