relic
Topic Author

Appeal Query

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi

I had an appeal turned down regarding a rejection of an A380 airbus at Farnborough 2010.It was rejected for being common and it was a double.I have noticed which i did point out on the appeal that,there was a double photo of the Malaysian A380 at this years Farnborough display and also the A380 in manufacturers colours (F-WWDD) which was accepted but regarded as "common".Please could anyone please let me know what i am missing here.

Many thanks
Andy

dazbo5

RE: Appeal Query

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Andy,

Common refers to there being a lot of photos of a particular aircraft in the database. It's never used to reject a photo on it's own, it just means there are lots of photos of that aircraft on the database so the quality criteria is that little bit higher than normal. You'll have received other rejection reasons alongside common. If the photo quality is high, common won't be a problem. If you have other photos of the aircraft taken on the same day, of the same side in similar circumstances, ie 2 photos showing the same side both on the ground, double applies. If one is on the ground and the other flying, they aren't classed as double. Does that answer you questions?

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

relic
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Quoting dazbo5 (Reply 1):

Thanks Darren,

Yes it does ,didnt realise about the same side of the aircraft showing.My first photo from FAB 10 was pretty much head on but the left side was more apparent as with my second shot in question which was a flypast.
Thanks for that,you live and learn

Cheers
Andy

dlowwa

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Quoting relic (Thread starter):
have noticed which i did point out on the appeal that,there was a double photo of the Malaysian A380 at this years Farnborough display

I didn't handle that appeal, but I saw it. The two images you claimed to be doble were not only different sides but from different photographers. A 'double' rejection only applies to your own photos.