jelpee
Crew
Topic Author

Unauthorized Use Of My Image: Update

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 am

I tried to reply to the prior thread on this topic : Apparent Unauthorized Use Of My Pix (by jelpee May 26 2012 in Aviation Photography) but even though it has not been locked, there was no facility for me to reply. My apolgies in advance for starting a whole new thread on this.

I wanted to provide an update on this issue: At last report, I had contacted Delta and sent them an invoice for a usage fee. To Delta's credit, they paid me the requested fee for which in return I granted them permission retroactively for their use of the image.

I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks to all who provided guidance and counsel on this topic.

Jehan

[Edited 2012-07-17 19:08:17]

eksath
Crew

RE: Unauthorized Use Of My Image: Update

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 am

Quoting jelpee (Thread starter):
I wanted to provide an update on this issue: At last report, I had contacted Delta and sent them an invoice for a usage fee. To Delta's credit, they paid me the requested fee for which in return I granted them permission retroactively for their use of the image.'

I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks to all who provided guidance and counsel on this topic.

Jehan

Excellent! Well done!
World Wide Aerospace Photography

GuitrThree

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Well the burning question is how much they paid you? a lot of photographers here would love to know how much they offered or you asked for.

But really good work on your part. Hate to see a big company just use your work at will with no payment. Airlines today are known for charging for everything and then they just log on to a site and expect to use pictures for free. Score one for the the spotters!
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

soon7x7

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Bravo!...talent has value, and collecting from those that do not want to pay is also a talent. Good for you. You didn't put needles in their sandwiches did you?  Wow!

jelpee
Crew
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 2):
Well the burning question is how much they paid you? a lot of photographers here would love to know how much they offered or you asked for

Without being specific with the amount, I asked what I thought was a competitive rate for a one time use "permission slip" and they accepted it.

I tip my hat to Delta for taking responsibility, apologizing and making ammends. And they were courteous and professional about it. The evidence was irrefutable and that made a difference as well. Anyhow, all's forgiven  .

I appreciate the encouragement that all of you provided...it gave me the motivation to follow-up on it.

Cheers,

Jehan

kl692

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:35 am

Quoting soon7x7 (Reply 3):
You didn't put needles in their sandwiches did you?

No comments eh? Hmmm wondering here   
A310, A330,A346,B73H, B747,B772,B77W,CRJ