evall95
Topic Author

Low Contrast When Uploading Problem?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 pm

I have been having this problem in the last couple of uploads lately. After editing I will open up the edited photo and just check that it is all ok and looks fine. I will then put the photo on flickr and ask for advice in the photography feedback forum. when this is done I will upload the photo. here is where the problem start. when I upload the photo, somehow the photo just decreases in contrast for some reason. Has this happened to anyone? here is an example.

Here is a photo that I posted in the photography feedback (which has plenty of contrast)

http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=DSC_0063.jpg

Here is the photo after I uploaded it (which lacks in contrast)

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...20906_c1346222576.2122dsc_0063.jpg

This is only one example. There are some worse photos than this.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Nicke
Crew

RE: Low Contrast When Uploading Problem?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Try to save using “save for web and devices” in photoshop instead of saving the standard way. Contrast and saturation may be lost when uploading otherwise.

Niklas

dlowwa

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Quoting evall95 (Thread starter):
Does anyone know how to fix this?

I see no difference in contrast between the two images. You might want to check your browser's color profile settings if you're having such issues.

vikkyvik

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 am

Quoting dlowwa (Reply 2):
I see no difference in contrast between the two images.

They look the same to me too. But I will say that the different background color throws my eyes off for a couple seconds. This does seem to make the A.net version (with the dark gray background) seem slightly less contrasty than the Photobucket version (with the light gray/white background)....I think.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".