AlexC
Topic Author

Why So Many Views?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm

My shot of Mustang N51KB 'Ain't Misbehavin' taken on Sept. 29th, 2007 at Columbus, Ohio has had over 53,000 views. It's nothing special, and I can't figure out why it's had so many views. Any ideas?

vikkyvik

RE: Why So Many Views?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:54 pm

No idea, but I'd suggest looking at the "Links to your photos" and seeing where the links to said photo are coming from.

I've often wondered the same about my Cape Air photo from BOS. Nothing special as far as I'm concerned, but seems to be popular.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

mjgbtv

RE: Why So Many Views?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 am

Quoting AlexC (Thread starter):
It's nothing special, and I can't figure out why it's had so many views. Any ideas?

If you do a Yahoo image search on 'P-51D' your photo is on the 5th row. It is also on the first batch of images on a Google search. I was getting an unusual number of views on an image of mine and discovered the same thing. I don't know if the search itself registers a view or if people are clicking on the thumbnails and then a view is counted but either way it's the best theory that I have.