JakTrax
Topic Author

Uploaded Images Looking Soft/blurry

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:16 pm

All,

Thought I'd wait a while to see if anyone else would highlight this issue - since no-one has it may be just my queue - whenever I upload an image and view it through the site it looks way softer (almost blurry) than it does when viewed in Windows or my image browser. Has anyone else experienced this and is the issue likely to result in unfair rejections?

Cheers,

Karl

angad84

RE: Uploaded Images Looking Soft/blurry

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Just got an oversharpened rejection, so it's certainly not affecting me!

I assume you're viewing the images at 100% in your image browser as well as on the site? Because if you're viewing them standalone (as in just the image, not it's photo page) then some browsers' resize algorithms cause a loss of sharpness.

Cheers
Angad

coninpa

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 pm

As Angad said, try to google to know how to prevent your internet browser from resizing images. I had the same issue recently with FireFox. I applied the following and it's now ok.
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/disable-image-auto-resize-in-firefox/

It's probably different in every browser.

Cheers
Patrick
Patrick De Coninck

JakTrax
Topic Author

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Okay, thanks. It wasn't an problem a few months ago and I've not changed anything. No big deal - the images are still sharp when I look at them 'off-site' and as yet I've had no rejections since I first noticed the issue.

Just wondered.......

Karl

angad84

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Maybe you've inadvertently adjusted your browser-zoom setting for a.net?

If you're using Firefox or Chrome, hit Ctrl+0 (zero) to reset zoom to default and that may fix your issue.

Cheers
A

GuitrThree

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:53 am

Quoting JakTrax (Reply 3):
Okay, thanks. It wasn't an problem a few months ago and I've not changed anything. No big deal - the images are still sharp when I look at them 'off-site' and as yet I've had no rejections since I first noticed the issue.

If you're using IE, try clicking on the picture after you select it from your queue. I was having the same problem (blurred) and as others suggested my browser is picking the "best" viewing size. When I click it enlarges a little bit but more importantly it sharpens correctly.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5