fishermancn
Topic Author

Photo At Denpasar Airport, Bali?

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Just ask where to take plane photos at Denpasar / Bali - Ngurah Rai International (DPS / WADD) airport? I'm going there next weekend and wish for some nice pics. Especially hope not to be sent out by the security. Thanks. (PS: I have a Canon 7D with 100-400mm lense)
Never stop flying.

ptrjong

RE: Photo At Denpasar Airport, Bali?

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 pm

At the western end of the runway on the north side, I don't know how difficult it currently is to get such shots. A couple of years ago the beach was fenced off.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Roberto Prawiro

On the south side there are some crash gates that you can shoot through.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter de Jong

And maybe there's still a little hump there that can help you to shoot airborne aircraft over the fence.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter de Jong

Security in their blue pickup truck do tend to send us away, but it may help if you look like a local.

The picture below was made from the roof of somebody's house towards the eastern end. If you contact local spotters they may be able to help you.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter de Jong

There should be a spot somewhere on the other side, more or less in the background of this picture, but I didn't find it.

Finally you could stand on the road on the eastern end, Jalan By Pass, but it is very dangerous due to the heavy traffic.

I see on Google Maps that they built a new road into the sea to the northeast of the airport, and on the south side of that road there seems to be some standing room. That looks like a usable spot if Rwy 27 is in use for landings.

Peter 

[Edited 2013-10-13 15:17:45]
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

fishermancn
Topic Author

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Thank you very much Peter! I'll follow your guide.

Quoting ptrjong (Reply 1):
Quoting ptrjong (Reply 1):
Never stop flying.

AYOENK

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 am

you are using a 100-400mm lenses you can have a good experience in airport reef if RWY09 in use, or you can go through eastern side of RWY27. Happy Spotting