ghajdufi
Crew
Topic Author

Great Adobe Deal

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 am

Black Friday Sale by Adobe, get PS CC and LR5 for 9.99 a month even if you do not own a previous version of PS.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom
Your photos are like your children, you will always find them perfect.

angad84

RE: Great Adobe Deal

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 am

Not a bad deal at all.

However, I don't like the cloud model, so I will probably just purchase LR5 outright.

Cheers
Angad

ckw

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:52 pm

OK I've drunk the Koolaid and adopted the cloud model (for me it make sense as I use a number of their products), but I have to wonder what has prompted this offer? I the cloud perhaps not been quite the success Adobe are suggesting? I'm fairly sure they're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts!

BTW I have found the cloud has been great in terms of usability (whatever you think of the pricing). Everything bang up to date, easy to add extra apps as you need them. Made moving to a new PC very easy as well. I have noticed no issues any sort of licence verification. No different to using locally installed products.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

ghajdufi
Crew
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Colin, they've had this offer for a while for people who already had cs3 or better. Same price and same deal. They just opened it up to everyone for this week.

Goldenshield

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, poo. I wish Adobe would have the same sort of offer for those that use Adobe's OTHER flagship product. You know, Illustrator, the one that came first and made Adobe the powerhouse that they are, but is somehow now the red-headed stepchild?
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

ckw

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:33 am

Quoting ghajdufi (Reply 3):
they've had this offer for a while for people who already had cs3 or better. Same price and same deal. They just opened it up to everyone for this week.

Yes, I know - the question remains, why?

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

clickhappy

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:53 am

Photoshop CC is bad ass, but it is not cloud software, by any stretch of the imagination.

The only thing 'remote' is that it has to check that you have an active account every 30 days. Other than that, it is the same exact product.

ghajdufi
Crew
Topic Author

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:33 am

Here is why Colin:

Renewal
The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

I'm guessing they want people to sign up get used to the goodies and perhaps some would even renew their licenses after a year.

Stealthz

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 am

Just bit the bullet(drank the Kool-Aid perhaps) and subscribed for 12 months..
PS CC & LR5 for $10/mth doesn't seem too bad.
Hell I have drunk more than that in beer since I got home from work!!

If the price goes up dramatically In 12 mths I may reconsider but right now it seems reasonable

Chris
P.S. I know I said I was going to do this in the last thread but never got around to it!!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!