A388
Topic Author

Pre-screening Advice Needed: Priority Screening?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello screeners and aviation photographer,

I was wondering if an airline changes the titles on the fuselage and relocates the airline's website on the fuselage, does that qualify as a priority screening?

I'm talking about my below photo in the queue:

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...348748606.3733p733rccur260912b.jpg

The airline's name used to be Tiara Air Aruba and the website was mentioned on the engine cowlings while the airline titles now are actually the airline's website and the website is removed from the engine cowlings. See below photo:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Charles Cunliffe - ReaperPhotography

Cheers,

A388

cargolex

RE: Pre-screening Advice Needed: Priority Screening?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:40 pm

My initial reaction is that this title change isn't enough to qualify for priority, because it isn't a full new livery but a relatively small change to an existing livery.

If the name of the airline is now Tiara-air.com instead of Tiara Air, then that might be significant.

You only have 24 hours from your initial upload to ask for priority, so if you feel strongly about it...

I've had a few photos where I've asked for priority screening including one added today, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert on every circumstance, since it's always been a "New type for airline in full scheme" for me.

dlowwa

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Quoting A388 (Thread starter):
I was wondering if an airline changes the titles on the fuselage and relocates the airline's website on the fuselage, does that qualify as a priority screening?

The main titles themselves look unchanged, and as such there is not much of a case for priority.

Quoting Cargolex (Reply 1):
You only have 24 hours from your initial upload to ask for priority,

This is not true. You have 24 hours from when the first photo of the subject (by any photographer) is accepted to have priority applied.

A388
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Okay thanks for the explanations Cargolex and dlowwa. I will leave the photo in the queue as is.

A388

cargolex

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 am

Quoting dlowwa (Reply 2):

This is not true. You have 24 hours from when the first photo of the subject (by any photographer) is accepted to have priority applied.

AH! Thanks for the clarification, Dana.