arndt262
Topic Author

Post-Screening Centered

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Got this rejection - to which I can agree - for distance and centered:

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...025_b1350386385.7293arp-s5-aan.jpg

I was struggling with the crop, because I wanted to have the construction site of the new Lufthansa terminal at MUC in the picture also. So my general question: is a construction site of a new terminal in the picture (I admit: blurry in this case) no reason to use a different crop?
Thanks for any suggestions!

Arndt

dlowwa

RE: Post-Screening Centered

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Quoting arndt262 (Thread starter):
s a construction site of a new terminal in the picture (I admit: blurry in this case) no reason to use a different crop?

In this case, no. I would at least try to center the aircraft, but given the distance to the background subject and its, well, relative unspectacular nature, you'd be better off trying to get a much larger aircraft in the frame to encompass more of the terminal in the background without needing such a wide crop.

arndt262
Topic Author

RE: Post-Screening Centered

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Quoting dlowwa (Reply 1):
In this case, no. I would at least try to center the aircraft, but given the distance to the background subject and its, well, relative unspectacular nature, you'd be better off trying to get a much larger aircraft in the frame to encompass more of the terminal in the background without needing such a wide crop.

Thank you for the quick answer and the good advice!
Much appreciated...

Arndt