walter2222
Topic Author

Post-screening_Double

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi All,

I just had this one rejected for double:

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r..._20120622_img_36258_wvb_1200px.jpg

I know that I often push this to the limit, without exaggeration (IMHO) and hence sometimes bump into double rejections, as in this case. I assume it was rejected double with this one in mind:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Walter Van Bel

Although it was shot on the same day, I thought it was different enough not to warrant a double rejection, since:
* the aircraft is in a different configuration (one with wings swept forward, the other with wings swept fully aft)
* one shot shows the aircraft making a roll, the other shot is a formation fly-past
* one shot shows more the right side of the aircraft, the other the left side of the aircraft (although I admit they both show more of the bottom-side, but top-side and bottom-side were never used to avoid double rejections).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks and regards,

Walter2222
Canon 347d mkII ;-) - EFS10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - EFS18-55mm - EF28-105mm f3.5/4.5 - EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6l IS USM - ...

alevik
Crew

RE: Post-screening_Double

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Walter -

The rules are very clear that those shots would be considered double. The reasons you give do not clarify that there is a clearly different motive. Same side, same day, same aircraft.

Peter
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

walter2222
Topic Author

RE: Post-screening_Double

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Peter,

Actually, the rejected shot shows the left side (indeed seen from below), whereas the other shot shows the right side (also seen from below).

PS: I 've had shots accepted (in the past), where the only difference was "canopy open vs canopy closed" or "gear down vs gear up". So I thought that the wing configuration was a different enough motive (together with the other side), but I guess that I 'll have to accept that screeners see it differently  

Thanks for giving your feedback!

Best regards,

Walter
Canon 347d mkII ;-) - EFS10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - EFS18-55mm - EF28-105mm f3.5/4.5 - EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6l IS USM - ...