ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Aeroflot from OSL to SVO

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 am

Hello fellow aviation enthusiasts! :-D

About 2 weeks ago I had the pleasure of flying aboard Aeroflot from OSL to SVO. VQ-BSJ, an Airbus A320-214, would be serving flight SU2175, with a flight time of 2 hours and 10 minutes.

More pictures and video footage can be found in the YouTube link, which includes the safety demonstration, take-off, climb, inflight services, approach and landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCAbiLe ... 49tq2xE1nK

I arrived at OSL about two hours before departure time as Aeroflot checks passengers in manually on this flight. The process was surprisingly quick compared to other times I have flown this route, but then again it seemed like there were more staff this time around. I didn't stand in line for more than 10 minutes. Security was also quite quick and smooth. It has become a lot better after OSL opened the new terminal.

I proceeded to the F gates, which are for non-schengen flights. It is currently being rebuilt to accommodate more passengers due to the massive expansion of long-haul flight from OSL the last few years. There is a lot more space now than there was before. When I arrived at the gate there was no Aeroflot to be seen. A Corendon 737 was occupying the gate, and Aeroflot was standing on the tarmac waiting. This meant my flight would be delayed by roughly 30 minutes.

Boarding was smooth and efficient. You could tell most of the passengers were used to flying, or so it seemed. The Captain announced a flight time of only 2 hours and 10 minutes, so the delay would be cut shorter. The safety demonstration is pre-recorded, but the flight attendants do it manually. We pushed back and taxied to runway 19L where we had to wait a few minutes for airplanes on approach. The takeoff was smooth for the first 2 minutes, before the autumn winds of Oslo made for a bumpy climb.

Overall the flight was very smooth. Clouds formed shortly after we entered Swedish airspace, and it remained cloudy for the rest of the flight. The aircraft was fitted with the old interior. The leg-room was very good, the seats comfortable. There is no IFE, but the Aeroflot magazine is quite a good read, with lots of articles. The flight attendants served drinks which was an extensive choice of juices, sodas, coffee and tea. No alcohol on this flight. The meal consisted of a sandwich, biscuit and gelo. The sandwich was very tasty. Shortly after the meal service was cleaned up, there was time for the sky shop. I wanted to buy the Aeroflot pen, but unfortunately it was out of stock.

The approach to SVO was quite smooth, even though there was fog and rain in the area. The landing was surprisingly smooth. The runway didn't seem as bumpy as it has been in the past. We taxied for a while, and I figures out quite quickly that there would be a bus to the terminal. Which was fine, because the rain had stopped when I deplaned.

Overall I must say Aeroflot is a very nice airline. Everything seems very professional, the cabin is well kept, and the flight attendants were lovely. I can most definitely recommend them when flying to the countries of the former USSR. I was very impressed.

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the report, video footage and pictures.

Kind Regards
ILoveFigures

TLVAIR

Re: Aeroflot from OSL to SVO

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:04 am

That's a nice review,and I must agree with you,Aeroflot's inflight service,and their flight attendants are excellent! I have flown with them a lot lately,medium and long haul ,and in my opinion ,their service and attitude toward passengers is above those of many legacy carriers around.They provide a consistent high level service ,it's not hit or miss experiences with them ,like with many other airlines.Their flight attendants seem sincere nod dedicated to their job.
Cheers.

ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Re: Aeroflot from OSL to SVO

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 am

TLVAIR wrote:
That's a nice review,and I must agree with you,Aeroflot's inflight service,and their flight attendants are excellent! I have flown with them a lot lately,medium and long haul ,and in my opinion ,their service and attitude toward passengers is above those of many legacy carriers around.They provide a consistent high level service ,it's not hit or miss experiences with them ,like with many other airlines.Their flight attendants seem sincere nod dedicated to their job.
Cheers.

I completely agree with you. Aeroflot has been very consistent the last few years. It's nice to know what you are buying. :)