fca767
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific A350 TPE-HKG-LGW

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Flight video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjyWZWKrwLc

I had a great 4 months in Taipei, climbing some mountains which didn't look bad climbing up but when the rock is facing you it's ok until you turn around.
I put my passport in the washing machine (didn't think about the shorts lower pockets, i had put it in there when i was preoccupied coming through the airport last time)

I went to Songshan airport and asked immigration if it would be ok and they were fine.

I moved to an apartment nearer the MRT so that i moving from the previous apartment, i would take two suitcases one by one on the MRT and then as i am now nearer the airport MRT it would be easier to walk with them.

31KG at airport check-in, the check in staff were very friendly and asked if i wanted to go on an earlier flight because of a cancelled flight later on which wasn't mine.
So getting there at 1:50pm for a 7:30pm flight worked in my favour as i can spend more hours live streaming in Hong Kong.

They also waived my overweight bags.
I'd left my laptop at check-in so i quickly ducked under the ropes and got my boarding card scanned to exit and go back to check-in, i got back up to security where the check-in desk girl, smiling greeted me as she was searching for me with the laptop.
I got through immigration in about 8 minutes (including the queue)
Go to the gate as they were boarding.

No window seat but i still got the take off filmed. The girl next to me was friendly and it's rare but we talked almost the whole flight about things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjyWZWKrwLc
The aircraft was an a330 and the in-flight meal was similar to the pastry i had last year and better.

We actually take off on time.

I arrive and go through the transfer security where there was nobody in line up by gate 60 areas and straight up to departures after that for a walk around and to set up my cameras for my live events.
🔴 Hong Kong Airport Terminal Live - YouTube
🔴 Hong Kong Airport Virgin 787 Live - YouTube
I go get a chocolate milkshake with the little money that i have left and then find the hidden free relaxation corner
After a few hours in there it was time to go to the gate. I used to like sitting by the gate earlier but i don't like the stress of boarding anymore.
Again all the staff were friendly, Cathay does a good job in their hiring i think.

YouTube

The food was good, even got a small chocolate and ice cream.
Cabin crew were all friendly and attentive which i liked very much
I had a nice real 3-4 hours of sleep and some more general napping.
Breakfast time
And thus i was back, thank you A350

[size="3"]Special VR360 Landing[/size]
VR360 Flight for fear of flying help landing on Cathay Pacific A350 into Gatwick airport crosswind l - YouTube
YouTube

11725Flyer

Re: Cathay Pacific A350 TPE-HKG-LGW

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Great trip report. Thanks for taking us along with you. I can hardly wait to fly on an A350!