Ryefly

Leaving Tomorrow...

Thu Aug 17, 2000 2:01 am

Tomorrow I am off to Stockholm, Sweden. I will be flying from Raleigh (RDU) on Continental (737-300) up to Newark (EWR). Then a 5:45p flight on SAS (767-300) to Stockholm, Arlanda (ARN). The return trip will be on August 28th. The travel agent called me the other day and said the return flight has had a change of equipment and I have lost my window seat. However the next day she called back and was able to get another window seat for me. I asked her what they change th eequipment too and she said it's still a 767 but just a different seating configuration. Mmmm, sounds interesting to me. Maybe I will get one of the planes they have been planning to refurbish with 3 class seating and a new scheme on the outside. I will let you know. From EWR to RDU I will still be on Continental although it will be on a 737-500 instead.

So look out for a trip report on Continental and SAS in the begining of September!

For RyeFly

Thu Aug 17, 2000 3:01 am

Ryefly,

Hi, I live in Manchester, UK, and we have something like 7 SAS aircraft coming into MAN every day, mostly MD80s, DC9s and 737-600s. I have never flown with SAS myself, but I have heard that they are an excellent airline with high levels of service.

Just one question :- Do United not fly from Raleigh to Newark (do they use JFK/not Raleigh?) cos I thought you might have gone with them because of the Star Alliance, but perhaps not.

Enjoy Sweden!!!

Regards
Tom Williamson, UK

Ryefly

RE: For RyeFly

Thu Aug 17, 2000 5:57 am

Your correct United does not fly to Newark from Raleigh, just JFK. They do fly to Chicago of course and I could have connected to SAS there however I would have had to go west in order to go accross the Atlantic. Plus the price was a little better leaving if I went to EWR.