Chi-town
Topic Author

ORD-BOI-ORD

Wed Sep 13, 2000 2:14 am

I went to Boise over the summer in July. On July 8th. I went to Ohare International Airport. My flight left at 9:30 to Boise. My flight was scheduled to go out of the "C" concourse. The C concourse is seperate from the main United terminal. So to get to the C concourse you have to walk under ground accross the taxi ways. I got to gate C4. The plane was at the gate and is was a little off schedule. The plane was a 737-300. I boarded the plane and i could tell it was an older plane. The employees were very nice though. And by the way i forgot to mention that the pilots were both ladies. I saw them board the aircraft. We were in our final descent into Boise and the lady pilots put the plane down quite smoothly. I spent about 8 days in Boise. On the way home was a whole different story. My plane was supposed to leave at 8:30 from BOI. My Aunt and Uncle dropped me off at the airport. When i walked into the terminal it was packed! I looked on the United Departure Screen and my flight was 2 1/2 hours late. It was a mess. The line at ticket counter wraped all the way around the baggage claim. After 45 minutes in line i got to the ticket counter. I aksed the United Employee and he said that my flight came in last night from LAX 3 hours late. And the pilots need a minimum hours of rest and the deperature time of my flight wasn't long enough for the pilots to get enough rest, so they had to push back the derparture time to 2 hours later than scheduled. Not to mention that all the people in line were in line for the flight i was on. I walked the gate and i was goin to be on a 727-200. I sat at the gate for about and 1 and a half. The pilots got on the plane and and the said there was something wrong with the brakes. So the flight was delayed another 45 minutes. I looked on the Deperature screen and our flight said cancelled. The employee and the united gate said they might have to cancel the flight. FINALLY!! 20 minutes later we boarded the 727-200. I finally got back to Ohare 4 hours and 45 minutes late. It was quite an expierence!

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © AirNikon

ILUV767

RE: ORD-BOI-ORD

Wed Sep 13, 2000 12:27 pm

Would you fly on United again?

Chi-town
Topic Author

RE: ORD-BOI-ORD

Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:51 am

maybe it depends