Topic Author
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 1999 1:06 pm

DFW-IAH-ABQ On Continental

Tue Sep 26, 2000 8:17 am

Taken on 9-24-00 - 9-25-00

Flight 718
seat 20A
scheduled departure: 5:08 PM
actual departure: 7:10 PM
scheduled arrival: 6:10 PM
Actual arrival: 8:40 PM

I arrived at DFW at 4:10 PM to check in for my flight back to ABQ. I was in Dallas to see the Cowboys play and i was tired. When I checked in, i was told that the plane was delayed til 5:30 and to proceed to gate B15. Dallas is a really cool airport, i like how eveything is on one level. I decided to walk around and i spotted an AA 757, 2 AA MD80's, an United A319 and 727, 2 Continental 737's, and a Champion Air 727. At about 5:20, an announcement came over the PA that Continental 718 would be arriving in DFW at 6:10 PM at gate B14 and the new departure time would be at 6:40. I didn't really mind, at least they informed us that the flight was delayed due to the storms in the Texas region. I sat and had a nice conversation with a really good looking girl from Seattle who works for Alaska Airlines, and to my surprise, she lived in ABQ for a a long time before moving to SEA to work for Alaska Airlines. Talking with her made the time go by and before i knew it, it was 6:20 and they started boarding. I was in the third group of people, rows 20-25. I wasn't able to get the registration of the plane, but it was a 737-300. Inside there were monitors and the plane looked really new, so it might have been a -700. We pushed back at 6:40 and we proceeded to the runway. The attendants didnt do the usual pre flight speech, instead they showed us a film. Pretty cool. At about 6:50 the Captain came on the PA and said that we have to wait, because they were not allowing arrivals over Abilene due to the weather. We parked until about 7:00 and the captain told us that we would have to fly down to CRP and then into IAH. We finally lifted off at 7:10 PM. It was a smooth take off and flight, which was supposed to be an hour, but turned into 2. We were served drinks only and my radio on the armrest did not work properly. We finally touched down in IAH at 8:30 (2 hours and 20 minutes late) and our gate was supposed to be C3?, and it was occupied so we had to taxi down to D6a. My flight to ABQ was scheduled at 8:35 PM and we didn't get to the gate til 8:40PM. The attendant had made the announcement that the 30 people connecting to SJC would have to go to customer service because thier filght leaving at 8:35 had departed. I got off the plane and checked the monitors for flight 1693 and it had departed already. I proceeded to the Customer Service desk and waited in line for 30 minutes and was finally given a flight leaving Monday morning at 9:40 AM, an 8 dollar food voucher, a reduced rate at the Ramada at IAH. and was upgraded to first class. It then took me 40 minutes to go get my bag, since it had already been taken off the claim and taken to lost and found, i cant believe that i had to sign in, just to get my bag. It took them 30 minutes to find my bag and they never even told me that they found it, i happened to look over my shoulder and there it was across the bag claim with a whole bunch of others that were not there half an hour ago. Lucky i got what i did, cause i would have been pissed. I then got on the shuttle to Ramada and got my room.

Flight 1515
seat 2A
Scheduled Departure: 9:40 AM
Actual Departure: 10:35 AM
Scheduled Arrival: 10:53 AM MDT
Actual Arrival: 11:30 AM MDT

I arrived at IAH at 8:45 and check in was quick, i was told to go to gate D-11 and i proceed there. I spotted a lot of Continental planes, all shapes and sizes. I got some breakfast at a place called Wings and something, i used my 8 dollar meal voucher. At 9:10 they started boarding and i was the first one on the plane. This MD80 was pretty old, the walls in the cockpit were a light pea green color and there wasn't even a radio in the armrest, not even in first class. But oh well, i was getting home right? We pushed back at 9:40 AM and we taxied to the runway. We waited on the runway til 10:35 AM, because of ATC. We finally lifted off at 10:35. We were served drinks and pretzels and the flight was smooth. We arrived in ABQ at 11:30 AM and parked at gate B6. I spotted the usual Southwest 737's, an AA MD80, a Delta 738, TWA MD80, United 733, and an America West A319. I got home 13 hours late. I got my bags and went home to Los Lunas.

Continental is a great airline, even though i was late and missed my connection, they helped me out and they let us know what was going on. I will fly Continental again even though i did not have much of a good time. I give this trip a B.

Thanks for reading


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brucetiki and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos