PSAHO88
Topic Author

From Italy To Sweden With AF

Sun Oct 29, 2000 9:23 pm

Here's the return trip which took place on October 23, 2000. Check-in at Florence airport was easy, with just five minutes in the queue. As it was only 2.20 p.m. and the scheduled departure was at 4.05 p.m. I could get a window seat on both flights. I was also given a nice brochure with discount vouchers for the shops at CDG and the boarding pass for the flight to Stockholm. The aircraft came with a delay of about 10 minutes from CDG, at 3.25p.m., but there was time enough for the turn around. In fact, boarding was called only 10 minutes later than the scheduled time shown on the boarding pass. At 4.05 we were all aboard. The BAe146-200 had a high density configuration and it was non clean. Under my seat i found some plastic spoons and used refreshing towels. We waited inside the aircraft until 4.30, and took off soon after. The person who spoke from the cockpit was a woman, I don't know if captain or co-pilot, but I didn't care about that, as every time I flew with some women in the Cockpit, it had been a pleasant experience. This time, all crew members could speak French, and were also kind. The tray we were given contained some cold pasta, salad, and a choccolate cake, while bread and beverages were served at least twice during the flight. Landing was almost on time, as they consider a delay of 15 minutes an on-time performance, but we had to be bussed to the terminal 2F. I had very few time to spend at CDG, so I went directly to terminal 2B using the shuttle bus/navette and the flight was already boarding!
It was a 737-500 again, and after going through the finger I was welcomed by a male attendant, then I went straight to my seat 12F, and waited for take-off. Dinner was served soon after take-off, it consisted of hot meal, vegetables (again), cheese and a cake. Cabin attendants were very kind and helpful. We were served drinks and hot bread several times, and landed in Stockholm on time, at 21.40. Arlanda airport has a very fast luggage handling system, as my item was on the belt only 7 minutes after me leaving the aircraft. Excellent! As I had to wait for a night train departing from Arlanda C station, the train station for the long distance trains, I waited at the almost desert shopping complex called "SkyCity" and could see the last SAS domestic flights leaving terminal 4. A very pleasant experience!