krisworldB777

British Airways Account - First

Tue Nov 14, 2000 10:21 pm

I flew to London in late April with British Airways in First. I have to say that I was impressed. All the way I was on 747-400s
G-BNLG
G-CIVX
G-BNLZ
Excluding G-CIVX, both aircraft were fitted with BA's superb new inflight entertainment system. There is now a huge touch screen with audio video on demand plus the previous inseat video player. The new system now has 18 video channels and the screen has much better resolution.

The refitted aircraft are also fitted with a personal phone that previous aircraft lacked. BA's First is unrivalled in privicy as every passenger (14) sits facing the windows on an angle. It is pretty hard to describe but there is a small opening but then there is the seat in front which makes it like a personal cabin.

The materials are blue cloth on the seats with a swede type of material on the side of the seats. The cloth looks pretty cheap but i think BA will shortly be changing it to leather like SQ

BA have an excellent meal table, while it does not slide like SIA, it is excellent for forking. It is not flimsy like the folding Club World trays which are impossible to work from

All aircraft were fitted with a very easy to use electronic adjustment for the seat including a very affective lumbar support.

Service varied enormously, as a 14 yr old, the cabin crew often ignored me which I found pretty annoying considering I paid the same fare. Food was excellent.

Well, apart from the sometimes bad service, BA is excellent to fly with in FIRST. Oh, I musn't forget the great Molton Brown toiletries kits and the SUPERB 100% cotton pyjamas set. Soo comfortable. If comfort is important, fly BA

RE: British Airways Account - First

Sat Nov 18, 2000 6:21 am

hey...another 14 year old millionaire!!!

nice fiction, kid.

Tue Nov 21, 2000 9:37 am

I don't wish to comment on the validity of Krisworld777's story, but it is worth mentionning that you certainly don't have to be a millionaire to fly FIRST-many people get it for free from companies etc. Also, remember that a 3 continent Oneworld Explorer in First can be as low as £2500 for about 16 flights.
Greggi's reaction is uncalled for.

ILUV767

Tue Nov 21, 2000 9:55 am

What kind of things were there to eat?

koala

Wed Nov 22, 2000 12:22 am

Being a 14 year old myself, I have to agree with Clubworld. I have never flown First, but have flown Business and do travel quite a bit.

Koala

eg777er

Wed Nov 22, 2000 3:46 am

Well, I flew Club for the first time when I was six years old - London-Kuala Lumpur on BA 747-200.

If my dad had stayed with BA until after I was 12, I would have flown First as well.

It's nothing big!

Trvlr

Wed Nov 22, 2000 4:57 am

Greggj's comments were generalized and naive.

Aaron G.

krisworldB777

Thu Nov 23, 2000 9:10 pm

Greggj or Mr. Arrogant. I found your comments about my flights with BA uncalled for and wonder where you found the base to make such profound statements. For your information, my parents were paying even though it is none of your business. So, what is so strange about a 14-year old travelling First? I see other kids in First with me all the time and it doesn't exactly cost millions of dollars so I would like to see your mouth seeled when making comments you know nothing about.

Purdue Arrow

Fri Nov 24, 2000 6:04 am

Greggj - You think younger people don't fly up front? American upgraded me to First on my trip home from IND yesterday due to an overbooking situation, and I was sitting near an infant (15 months old) on my DFW-SAN leg - In First Class.

Fri Dec 01, 2000 5:07 pm

I also agree.

My mom is a week AA biz traveler, and I have flown first many times thanks to her executive platinum/ flyer miles.

Nice report Anthony. Don't let that jerk discourage you. He's just old and bitter.