Southwest Airlines

Wed Nov 15, 2000 8:01 am

Dear friends,
In your honest opinion, how do feel about Southwest Airlines, (U.S.A based domestic carrier) and their flight crews? Do you find the airline a good one with nice employees? Thank you for any information you may have.
-MTB

Jason Seiple

RE: Southwest Airlines

Wed Nov 15, 2000 12:39 pm

Crews are great and very friendly and seem to be in good spirits most of the time.

However, assigned seats would be an improvement. Not all of us have the time to get to the airport 3 hours before flight to get a number below 100.

Jason Seiple

Trvlr

Wed Nov 15, 2000 2:35 pm

Crews have been the most casually friendly I have ever experienced! They are great IMO. Also, although I imagine for some business travelers it may be hard to get to the airport early in order to get a priority seat in the free-for-all boarding process, I particularly don't mind that much since most of the flights are short-haul.

Aaron G.

dash80

Thu Nov 16, 2000 2:08 am

Southwest does an excellent job in moving people from point A to point B. Nothing else matters!

deltaflyertoo

Thu Nov 16, 2000 4:35 pm

I recognize SW as a very safe, profesional and efficient carrier, however like some posters have already said it is tough to get to the airport early enough to get a decent seat. I never fly them anymore because I find any route they compete you can get the same fare or even cheaper on an AA, Delta or UAL, and you might even get a plane bigger than a 737 too! The interesting thing is it seems that most people don't see it this way and keep honoring SW.

cargyvr

Sat Nov 18, 2000 2:59 pm

You gotta love the SWA Baggage Handlers who sometimes get on the P.A. @ LAX and call:
"Stevie Wonder, Stevie Wonder meet Liberocchi at baggage claim"
"Kevin Bacon, meet your party with Pe Wee Herman at Gate 10"

ha ha

johnboy

Thu Nov 23, 2000 6:16 pm

I was just on a Southwest flight from Oakland to Phoenix, and the flight attendant said, "We're now dimming the cabin lights during takeoff. Please take a second to locate the overhead light if you need one. For South Florida folks, we're going to give you people a little more time than the others to find the correct button...." I can see reasoning about flying other airlines for the experience to ride on something other than the 737 series, but I figure Southwest made the airfares low, so why not fly them to reward them? No food is served except peanuts or raisins, and juices, soft drinks are complimentary. Beer, wine, cocktails for a charge. Good, friendly service, good safety record. Usually fly point to point rather than always via a hub, which can add flexibility if one city has bad weather. Great airline in my view, with a great FF program.