iwantanL1011

Tristar Service ATL-DFW

Mon Nov 27, 2000 11:38 am

dang.. I wrote a whole page as my flight report then hit escape and it all dissapeared!!!! so I'll make the second one breif...

Arrived at Hartsfield early, pre-sunrise... I immediaTELY saw 4 L-1011's lined up in a row at the first A-gates... It was something else seeing them all lined up in the sunrise like that........

Quick pre-taxi cockpit visit... All crew were serious l-1011 fans... They referred to it as the "Mother ship..." smooth, fast, and quiet.

The flight was uneventful, though I certainly loved every tristar minute of it... but the LANDING... let me tell you--- something special for sure.... There wasn't a single sqweek, bump, shimmy--- nothing... It was the most perfect landing I've ever felt in my life... I felt like it was a true reflection of the precision analog engineering that the tristar epitomizes....

I take two more tristar trips at Christmas, god willing... hopefully they'll still be flying...

Get on the mother ship while you can!!!!!!!

fanoftristars

RE: Tristar Service ATL-DFW

Wed Nov 29, 2000 2:32 pm

We Want More! I took my last L-1011 trip in Sept.   I won't get another chance, unless we end up going to HNL and we connect through SFO instead of the 1 stop 764 service from SLC
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Panman

RE: Tristar Service ATL-DFW

Fri Dec 01, 2000 9:06 am

I am trying to get on an L1011 on my next trip.
I will be flying to Trinidad via Barbados (with Virgin) and hope to connect with BW901 which is a BWIA tristar from London (via Barbados) to Trinidad.

panman