MRDC-10MD-11
Topic Author

MSP-MCO On Sun Country

Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:21 am

I just got back from a one week trip in florida in which I flew on Sun Country Airlines. On both flights I flew on Sun Country's 727-200's. The crew and food are some of the best in the industry. But as for this time tested aircraft, it was smooth and responsive. Returning back from MCO we were forced to takeoff in 20 kt. winds and rain. Even within these conditions you couldn't feel the plane be hampered by the wind or rain. We only really had five minutes of turbulance over Atlanta. I say if you have a choice fly Sun Country on either their 727-200's or DC-10-30's or their new 737-800's.

HP737

RE: MSP-MCO On Sun Country

Mon Dec 04, 2000 1:39 pm

Hey MRDC,

Can you give some more details about Sun Country's service? I plan to fly to MCO in the spring from MKE and am thinking about trying them out.

Thanks,

HP737

usflyer msp

Mon Dec 04, 2000 3:47 pm

I have to disagree.

I flew Sun Country MSP-SFO and return in February. I was not all that impressed. The plane was clean and reasonably confortable. However the breakfast from MSP-SFO was awful. It was the sausage/omlet/egg sandwich thing. It was totally disgusting. It also seemed as though all their flights are late. We were held for 25 Min to wait for connecting Pax from DTW and the return from SFO was an hour and a half late. Considering I only paid $206 dollars for the ticket i was satisfied. But I wouldn't rave about it. There is a reason why my friends call it GhettoAir. The fact that the Fasten seat belt and No smoking signs were in Arabic with tape over them with the english written, was not particularly confidence inspiring. Also, the HHH terminal is like a big greyhound station, I had never been in a line to check-in that was that long before, it was the length of the HHH terminal. They need to work on reducing their queue length, perhaps this will change with the new HHH terminal.

Tue Dec 05, 2000 8:14 am

Fine trip report. Hey MRDC, just curious how much your flight to Florida was?

USFlyer, the signs were in Arabic hunh? Thats kind of funny.. I remember when I was on a Carnival A300 some years ago, all the seat belts had the Pan Am (I) logo on them and this was well before they were acquired by Pan Am (II).

Regards,
Russell

MRDC-10MD-11
Topic Author

Thu Dec 07, 2000 7:37 am

For Sun Country info go to Sun Country.com and the tickets were $209 but we had $650 in vouchers.

Fri Dec 08, 2000 2:02 pm

Sun Country holds flights for connections because of the few (one on most routes) flights that they operate each day, on each route.

You really can't hold SC liable for late SFO departues, owing to SFO's dismal reputation.

Ghetto Air is totally unfounded - and a rediculous label for a good, upcoming airlin like SC.