chepos

Anyone Flown Saudia / Saudi Araibian

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:34 pm

Im a huge young fan of this airline . But in the time being I dont think Ill be flying them. I wish I could but Saudi Araibia is to far and expensive to go to . At least from Puerto Rico. I would greatly appreciate any trip report youcan give of them or any good infol.Please reply
Fly the Flag!!!!

khi747

RE: Anyone Flown Saudia / Saudi Araibian

Mon Dec 04, 2000 7:30 pm

yes chepos , like i told you in other discussions... i have flown saudi arabian. I flew from karachi(KHI) to Jeddah(JED) and back. I took this trip rather recently and it was onboard a B777-200 that saudia operates on this route. I was in business class and the seats were quite good. The service was ok and so was the food, i cant say it was great as i told you earlier saudia isnt upto the inflight service level as Emirates or Gulf or Kuwait. But ofcourse the plane was nice and new and very comfortable. On my way back to KHI i was in economy and the service was good as most international airlines. They have the externally mounted cameras on the 777 plus the inflight entertainment is fairly decent. They even have section in the back of the 777 for prayers for us muslims. Overall i'd say i liked saudia, and on my next trip to jeddah i will like to take saudia again.My only complaint is the Saudi terminal at Jeddah airport. Its not at all too the standard of Riyadh.
And chepos like i always tell you ..... if you have any specific questions dont hesitate to ask .

jr

RE: Anyone Flown Saudia / Saudi Araibian

Tue Dec 05, 2000 1:18 am

Done Saudia to Riyadh a few times years ago (early 90s probably) when my dad worked there. Was never too impressed with their service. May be that has changed in the recent past?

They do have a cool scheme now though!
I've flown on 9V-SPK.