luvtofly

BA New World Traveller

Fri Dec 08, 2000 1:41 am

Later this month i'm flying on British Airways to London from Newark then on to Tel Aviv. All flights are on 777-200. Tell me about the new world traveller class. How's the food? Comfortable enough to sleep in? Good entertainment? Thanks alot!

Marco

RE: BA New World Traveller

Fri Dec 08, 2000 5:10 am

I came back three days ago on a BA B777, my parents were so impressed, so was I, it was so comfortable, if you sit on the newer B777's you'll get bigger PTV's and even footrests in economy! I love Ba, even the food was amazing!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:27 am

I just flew BA 2193 from LGW to DFW on Monday (Dec 4) and let me tell you, there's a reason why they bill themselves the world's favourite airline. They really are a terrific airline with world-class service. The cabin crew are polite and friendly and do not treat coach passengers badly, unlike crews on American and Delta overseas flights have done (to me) in the past. The food on BA, while still airplane food, is better than what most airlines put out and they even pass out little menus to you.

On the 777, you get your own TV screen that you can control and several movies to choose from. This is excellent because I usually don't like what the airline plays. They also play children's programming, comedy shows, news, and sports. They have a map channel that will show you precisely where you are. It also tells you your altitude, ground speed, the outside temperature, the time at your origin and destination, and how many miles are left. It even gives you the speed of the headwind or tailwind. On the 777 that I took TO London, there were footrests, but on the 777 I took on the way back, there were not. I think the one I took over was newer, but I'm not sure.

The best thing about the flight back was the visit to the cockpit. We were cruising south of Greenland at about 41,000 feet when I got to visit the cockpit. The view was INCREDIBLE (I wish I had taken a photograph) and the pilots were talkative, friendly, and enthusiastic about their jobs. They showed us around the cockpit and brought up all sorts of fun stuff on the screen...how much fuel we had left, the air pressure in the tires in the landing gear, etc.

All in all, it was a great flight and I highly recommend BA for overseas travel.

RE: Cockpit Visits On BA

Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:31 am

I should probably stress that BA allows cockpit visits because they do not fall under the jurisdiction of the FAA. I don't know what the policies are on other airlines, but BA seems enthusiastic about having visitors in the cockpit.

Fri Dec 08, 2000 1:39 pm

I flew on BA from Los Angeles to Heathrow with a boeing 747-400. That was a long trip. I also flew from Gatwick to Tel Aviv with a 777! It was a pretty good flight. I like the power of the engines during the take off part! When you approach into Tel Aviv, you are going to make a sharp 180 degree turn while you are descending at the same time! Its pretty interesting. You will have a good flight. The cabin crew are very nice to people. I think that the food was ok, not great, but ok. The 777 is an awesome aircraft!

BrtishAirways