Northwest Trans-atlantic Inquiry

Tue Dec 19, 2000 9:45 am

Has anyone flown NW, particularly business class to London?

I am taking a trip to London soon. I will fly coach domestically and business across the atlantic.

Thanks

nwa747-400

RE: Northwest Trans-atlantic Inquiry

Thu Dec 21, 2000 12:55 am

The New World Business Class is wonderful. There is a foot more legroom and the seats go really far back, the food is outstanding, and the audio is better to.

Get row 1A or B as the legroom is a lot more than the rest of the cabin (i would guess about 70")

Enjoy!

nwa man

Thu Dec 21, 2000 8:43 am

Blingbling- (nice username btw)
I've flown World Biz to Frankfurt, but not to London. PTVs in every seat, US Major-leading 60" seat pitch, and revamped (inherently better) food choices await you on your DC-10-30. Seats are almost sleeper-style, if you've seen the new commercial that's getting heavy airplay on both Fox networks.

I assume you're flying SJC-MSP-LGW...If so, then look for an A320 to MSP with meal service (all flights over 90 minutes get meal service) and (if you're very lucky) drop-down TV screens. Flying time- about 7 hours MSP-LGW, and 3 SJC-MSP. Post here if you have any more questions.

NWA Man
Create your own luck.

B747-437B

Sat Dec 23, 2000 8:30 pm

NWA Man - you say that all NW flights over 90 mins get meal service? I've been on about 30 NW metal flights this year and have had exactly 6 meals served. Flights without meals included a 3:00 SEA-MSP redeye and a 2:45 MEM-LGA among others.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

nwa747-400

Thu Dec 28, 2000 2:51 pm

Most NW flights over 90 minutes get a meal.

Almost all in First Class over 90minutes.

Off peak times such as redeye and midafternoon flights however often go without meal service.