Canadian747
Topic Author

How Can I Get Upgraded To First Or Business

Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:26 am

How Can I get an easy upgrade without waitng or beging at the ticket agent at the airport.

Thanks

Canadian747

BA747-436

RE: How Can I Get Upgraded To First Or Business

Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:39 am

Ok, for starters this post has been done likesooo may times already. And the same answers apply.
1-by a J or F class ticket!
2- wear your best "Armani" suite and have the top tier Frequant flyer program card (gold or platinum usualy does it)
3- And this is the last resort! Shower the check in agent with gifts, compliments and BEG, and if all else fails turn left once on the plane and act normal!, like you belong here. Alos hope to hell that no-one is booked into the saet that you've taken!
Hope this helps!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
rgrds-Dan
Dan Valentine - Bad Ass MOFO Photographer

fqtv

Sat Feb 17, 2001 7:00 pm

Dan's right. The best way to get upgraded is to be a member of an airline's frequent-flyer program, and either request an upgrade using points, or if you are an elite-level member, dress well, be nice to the check-in agent, drop a hint or two and if you can, book flights that are pretty empty in J. That should do the trick.

Cheers, Zac

P.S. I just came back from a trip (HKG - AKL - NAN - LAX - FRA) and was upgraded all the way on AirNZ (using points and being a silver frequent flyer) so it does work

Sun Feb 18, 2001 12:15 am

Be an elite member. (Silver, Gold, Platinum) On Northwest you get unlimited domestic upgrades for being an elite member.

SophieMaltese

Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:52 am

I have a friend who constantly gets upgraded. Part of this is due to the frequent flying he does. However, other times have been for various reasons. Often he'll complain about something and get upgraded. One time he stood up for a ticket agent when a customer was nasty to him and complained to his supervisor. The ticket agent thanked my friend and upgraded him to first class.