NG737PSR
Topic Author

Raffles Class SQ LHR-SIN-SIN Any Info?

Thu Apr 05, 2001 6:07 am

I'm fortunately travelling in Raffles Class with Singapore Airlines next month LHR-SIN-LHR, obviously on a Boeing 747-400.

I'm looking for any details of people's experience on this route in Raffles Class. Also is it better in the upper deck or on the main deck, is there a difference in seating/pitch/service between the decks?

Thanks in advance.

Cathay Pacific

RE: Raffles Class SQ LHR-SIN-SIN Any Info?

Thu Apr 05, 2001 11:00 pm

well....i didn't fly on this route...but i flew from SYD to HKG via SIN.....and i travelled in both the upper deck and the main cabin....i dun think there is any difference in seating/pitch/service.......however....if you want a window seat....i think you should go for the main cabin.....i find that i had a hard time looking out the window when i was travelling in the upper deck....the window seem to be lower than those in the main deck (probably cos of the curve of the plane...correct me if i am wrong).......
anyway.........i'm sure you will enjoy your flight as i had with mine!!!! have a pleasent journey!!!!!!!  Smile

ps....i was a bit disappointed with their amenity kit

Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Fly Cathay Pacific...The Heart of Asia  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

sr176

Thu Apr 05, 2001 11:09 pm

I think the amenity kit is the only disappointment, eveything else - just perfect.
Yes it is a bit hard to look out from the upperdeck, but you have a nice extra space between the seat and the wall.

SIA fan

Fri Apr 06, 2001 5:11 pm

I haven't flown this route before but I've traveled in Raffles Class quite a lot of times on other routes. All the times I've travelled in Raffles Class was on the upper deck, except for the one time on a SIN-CGK flight when they only had 6 passengers so they put us all on the main deck. In my opinion, the upper deck is the best, it seemed quiter and more exclusive. The seating config. is 2-2 on the upper deck whereas on the main deck it's 2-3-2. One bad thing is that there are less space for your carry-on luggage on the upper deck. Other things such as seat pitch and service are the same. Enjoy your flight!  Smile
SQ*G BD*S