Demoose
Topic Author

Experiences On Emirates?

Tue Apr 17, 2001 12:58 am

Hi, I'm going to be flying from Manchester to Bangkok via Dubai with Emirates in July. I'd just like to know what the airline is like, as I hear that they are very good. Anyone had any good or bad experiences?
Thanks
DEM
Take a ride...fly across the sky

SR 103

RE: Experiences On Emirates?

Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:18 am

I had a bad experience with them. The seating is rather uncomfortable and the entertainment was not opperative on 3 of my 4 flights. The crew are the worst I have ever encountered on any airline. They slapped the trays in front of you, no smile, a grunt when you ask for a glass of water and so on... The food on the other hand is fantastic. Some of the best I have ever encountered. I'm sure they won't be that way with you but just don't expect too much from this "World Class Airline." Gulf Air on the other hand is far better. Just my experiences!

SR 103  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

LBA

Thu Apr 19, 2001 5:08 pm

Look at this for an idea.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/5124/

I thought Emirates were excellent.

ryanb741

Thu Apr 19, 2001 7:58 pm

In my personal opinion, along with Singapore Airlines and British Airways they are the best airline I have ever flown. Super food, loads of legroom, and Dubai is a fantastic airport. I have also done the DXB-BKK leg - I believe the flight leaves Dubai at something like 2.30 in the morning, so the unfortunate side-effect is that you will be totally shattered by the time you have finished spending one hour at Bangkok immigration, and you might be unable to cope with the heat and humidity until you get some rest. My advice is therefore to get into an air-con taxi ASAP, get to your hotel and sleep it off, unless you can sleep on the plane (I never can)! Smile
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

khi747

Fri Apr 20, 2001 4:33 am

Well alot depends on what class you are flying on. I have flown EK quite a few times. Strangely i dont hear many people suggest this but i strongly feel that nowadays all world class airlines offer pretty much the same kind of economy class product. I mean they all have similar planes ...same entertainment systems ....decent food ..decent service and same amount of room.So if you are flying economy class EK, its just as good or as bad as BA,Virgin or Swissair or even Gulf Air.
However in business class you can always feel the difference from airline to airline ..... it has alot more personality and every airline has its signature touches.I have flown EK business class as well and it is very very good.Food is probably the best ..... flight attendants give alot of attention and there is a fair amount of room. In addition to that...with business or first class travel you can make use of the lounges at the beautiful Dubai airport.Lounges for both business and first are separate.I have'nt seen the first class lounge yet but i thought that the business class lounge itself was better then many first class lounges. You have alot of great food and drinks.....plasma screen TV's every where..smoking area and i think they also have showers over there.
All in all it should be fine. Wish you well ..... let us know how it all goes.

fqtv

Sat Apr 21, 2001 11:37 pm

Thanks for the info on Emirates' biz class KHI747. I've always wondered what it is like, especially as its by far the cheapest biz class product from Germany to many destinations. One example: Munich to Sydney (!) is DM3800 in biz class return (incl. taxes), that is about US$1850, and the trip is half way round the world! If they are good as well then I think that is an amazing deal, it's only about DM1000 more than other carriers' economy tickets. Shame that you can't earn *A FF points, otherwise I'd take that flight like a shot.

Cheers, Zac

ryanb741

Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:54 am

Wow, DM3800 J class to Sydney is a bargain! My advice - take it! Now!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?