swiss-airplane

AA To ZRH Via DFW From SEA

Fri Apr 20, 2001 12:46 am

I checked in very early in the morining in Seattle on april 6th. The flight was full again. The AA terminal (together with Alaska Airlines) looked very nice and was very near to the Check-In counters. On American Airlines Super 80 were 4 flight attendants (on LAX-SFO flight were also 4 F/A). Service was very good, you could choose between 2 breakfast. The airplane was one with more legroom- this was amazing, I never saw so much legroom in Economy Class. Fantastic, I will fly in future only AA, no other big US airlines offers this space. I loved it. Service was very nice, a big choice of beverages. Friendly Crew. What do you want more? They gave me every soft drink which wanted. They come up with Juice and Coffee very often. Amazing. I have never seen such a good service on a US-domnestic flight. Flying time was quite long to Dallas. We were very on time.

In Dallas I had not a lot of time, I had to go to A terminal where was my flight to Zürich on a new Boeing 777 (I love this airplane). Then I boarded, there were 160 people on board (it was also a Swissair Code-share flight). The legroom was again amazing, I will fly only with AA to the USA again in future if it is possible, or Swissair. Every seat had an PTV. Great legroom again (also in Business Class ). But I flow Economy. Seats were very confotable. Again very nice AA service. I loved it, even the flight was not very confortable, due strong wind. 1 hours after start we came into air turbulences, some food and drink have fallen from trolley.
It was not very nice. Crew asked us for landing in JFK for bringing food into the plane, but nobody wanted that, this would mean a big delay and nobody wanted that. PTV was very good and the whole service too. I love the 777 and American Airlines. For Breakfast you could choose between 2 menus. Great and delicious. We flow clearly over Paris. In Switzerland was it raining again. Even the Crew were all elder womens' they made a perfect job and even they had a shock from air turbulences they were great.
Thank's to American Airlines and Swissair. I can recommand that to everyone.
Greet
Mike from Switzerland
mike.schaer@bluemail.ch

airnewzealand

RE: AA To ZRH Via DFW From SEA

Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:32 am

Great trip report. Is the Super 80 the MD-80??

Cheers
mikey

swiss-airplane

Tue Apr 24, 2001 3:39 am

Thank's for the comment. I will write you more.
Mike

teahan

Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:19 am

Hey Mike,

Nice trip report!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Kind Regards,
Jeremiah Teahan

Swissair Group
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004