American Airlines To Costa Rica

Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:47 am

In about two months I will be traveling to San Jose, Costa Rica aboard American Airlines. I will go from DCA (my home) to MIA on a 757, and from MIA to SJO on an Airbus 300. Back is on an A300 and MD80. I've never been on an A300, nor have I been to MIA. Could anyone describe any experiences with American Airlines to Latin America. Also, how are american's A300, and whats SJO like?

Thanx

djcrooks

RE: American Airlines To Costa Rica

Sun Apr 22, 2001 6:34 am

American's service to Latin America is pretty good. These flights have an upgraded meal service over domestic flights, pretty much the same as AA's flights to Europe. Their A300 aircraft are very typical and have no frills, but they are not any less comfortable than most other planes. Their A300 first class cabin (or business class as they call it on the SJO flight) is not impressive. They need to do some serious upgrading of the seats. MIA is really a pretty good airport, however be ready for a long delay in the baggage hall upon return if you have checked bags. I have missed a connecting flight before in MIA due to the ridiculous delays in baggage delivery during busy periods, and frequent changing of baggage carousels.