Dubai (DXB) to London Heathrow (LHR)
BA108
Economy class
Dept : 8:45
arrv: 13:30
Boarding time :8:14
aircraft : B777-200 with GE90 engines
Gate :19

i arrived at the airport quite early and headed straight off to the counters . as usual , the flight was 100 % full in all three classes . i have called the BA main office in dubai a few days earlier to book for a window seat , but the stuipid lady booked me for an airsle seat . The lady at the counter told me to check at the gate .
i proceeded to the passport control and got there . from what i rememeber , the following flights were on the screen:

Alitalia to Milan (MD 11 , i think??)
PIA to Karachi (747-200)
Kuwait airways to Kuwait. (A300-600)
Emirates to Manila (A310)
Gulf air to Bahrain (A320)
Emirates to Birmingham (A330)
air India to Delhi (A310)
Egypt air (A300-600)
Emirates to London Heathrow (B 777-300)
Emirates to Manchester (A330)
Royal Jordanian to amman (A310)
Iran air (A300-600)
i also saw a Thai airways ...
KLM cargo , Airfrance cargo and a Singapore cargo .

There were many other flights but i cant really remember .i bought some magazines and chocolates .
and roamed around this amazing huge airport .
i spoke to my friend called MARCO on this forum .

to my surprise , all the flights to England with Emirates were delayed .
Emirates to Birmingham , Manchester and Heathrow were delayed .
i headed towords the gate , and ironically , The gate next to the BA flight was the Emirates (b777-300) to Heathrow -delayed for 2 hours. Boarding was on time . the staff then agreed to change my seat to a window seat . The aircraft was an old BA 777 with old colours .

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Gary Watt

Boarding was pleasant as a very good looking morrocan women took my to my seat , apparentaly she was the only arab FA on that flight .
Two irish couples were next to me , who ere really nice people . they came all the way from ireland to golf , and they loved dubai soo much , that they r thinking of living there . we pushed back on time and captain started talking to himself , then followed the arabic FA , who ofcourse , no one bothered to listen to her then said 'ALL DOORS TO AUTOMATIC AND CROSS CHECK PLEASE, CROSS CHECK".
... we were 3 arabic passengers on that flight , i think.
then they had the safety video on . i was too busy looking at the runway adjacent to us . i saw soo many EK A330 's take off ...they were many !! then saw a malaysian B777-200 parking next to us .
the FAs distributed somewater , then the captain said , cabin crew , prepare for take off . a second later , i saw about 6 FA running forwords and backwards like chickens ,it was quite funny .
we took off heading towords the persian gulf , then to iran , off to syria , then to turkey and europe.
Breakfast was the main meal on that flight . It consisted of a choice of scrambeled eggs OR spanish omlette with hash browns and sauseges .... i choose the spanish with sauseges and it was EXCELLENT !!
for desert they had chocolate cake and selection of tea or coffee .
Economy class was FULL !! it was cramped and there were many babies on board , who couldnt stop crying !
while in Buisness (posh) , the passengers were sipping orange juince and champangne , while havine a brunch maybe . atleast , Bizz class was civilised .....
movies commenced later , they showed men of honour and charlie's angels . and many other movies.
I listened to the radio , which is excellent ...
towords the end of the flight , i saw one of my old friends going to the toilet , her name was valarie and she was soo pretty . she was going back to belguim (back to her boarding skool) but it was weird , because we would she take BA to brussels via LHR from dubai ??
The morrocan FA spoke to me for a long time , she was really nice . she told me that her next night shift woul be to Mexico , Beunos aires (sp?) . she is lucky !
shortly before landing , luch was served , which consisted of 2 sandwhiches (tuna and beef ) with a Mango tart .
we passed over london city , and had an amazing view of london bridge etc....
landing was smooth , we landed at 1:10 ( 20 mins early)
from the planes i saw were :
Iberia A320 , Air NZ 747-400 , many United 777s , an American 777. 2 South african 747-400 parked , a concorde with many men working on it .British midland A320 with old colours , , a Saudi 777-200.

Hope u enjoyed this report.
any comments ?
regards,
Ahmed

chepos

RE: British Airways:Dubai-London Heathrow

Sat Apr 28, 2001 9:14 pm

Great trip report AirlinerFreak 1. For your flight being in Economy Class you were served a very good meal . Anyway great trip report again .
ChepoS
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

Marco

Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:34 pm

excellent trip report...it sure beats studying for physics (remember optics?) YUK!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

khi747

Mon Apr 30, 2001 9:32 am

Well done ....very interesting report and i could relate to all of it since i have flown in out of DXB many times.... 3ala fikra inta min ay balad? Bayen innek 3ayeshe fee bretania. Laken hal inta min a9el emirati?? 3omoman INSHALLAH
ashoofic fee el forum ...... Ta7eyatee , Saif

airlinefreak1

KHI747

Mon Apr 30, 2001 5:07 pm

Marhaba saif ,
keef halak ?
hope ur ur doing really well . my name is ahmed , and i live in dubai , but im currently studying in england..
i have the british passport too....
take care habibi ,
Ta7eyatee,
ahmed

Marco

RE: Ahmad

Tue May 01, 2001 3:03 am

Guess what I just finished studying? chemistry! lol...polymers, acids, ZIFT!

Anyway I didnt get one of your emails but I'll try to reply ASAP ... hardly have time to breathe...
Proud to be an Assyrian!

trintocan

Fri May 04, 2001 2:03 pm

Great trip report. It shows that even while travelling you kept your social life very much alive and well and that is important. Very well detailed report, I must add.

BTW, you were very close with the spelling - Buenos Aires (EZE).

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!