Oliver
Topic Author

Cyprus! How Is It?

Sun May 27, 2001 6:44 pm

Have you ever been to Cyprus? I will go there in 5 weeks, and I want to know what I can do there. Are there any special attractions or things to do? Hiking? Biking?

LGW

RE: Cyprus! How Is It?

Sun May 27, 2001 7:52 pm

I have been to Larnaca, Paphos, Limasol, Agia Napa, Nicosia, Protarus, Troodos Mountains etc I have been twice and I love it. Make sure you drink some Keo beer whilst out there its the best beer I have ever tasted! Who are you flying on? Email me ben_330@hotmail.com if you want to ask me anything about Cyprus, I think this really should have been posted in the Non Aviation forum though unless you are talking about spotting at airports there, if so take a look at my website intoplanes.co.uk there is spotting info for Paphos there. Are you flying to PFO or LCA?

LGW

Marco

Sun May 27, 2001 8:47 pm

I've been to limassol, larnaca, nicosia, paphos and troodos mountains. I was there in Dec '99 and we celebrated the new millenium there. Cyprus is a cool country with good food. You'll enjoy it. Nicosia is a lovely city and its like any other european capital. Larnaca is so and so. limssol and troodos are fun. Even though it was freeeeeezing in troodos...
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Oliver
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2001 11:25 pm

I will be flying to Larnaca on a Balair 757. Thank you for the info, LGW and Marco.
LGW: What did you do in Cyprus? Any places to visit?
Is there a good spotting site at Larnaca?

LGW

Sun May 27, 2001 11:48 pm

Balair 757, nice. Go to this website, http://elliott.www9.50megs.com/CYPRUS/larnaca.html it has info on spotting at Larnaca and some pics

LGW

corsairf/a

Tue May 29, 2001 9:34 pm

Hi,
I have just came back from Cyprus where I viseted my best friend who live in Nicosia and Paphos.
If you want beautifull beaches and hot night Aya Napa is your place but and you preffered a more relaxing place choose Paphos which is more glamour, with good bar, restaurants and Disco. If you got to Paphos go to the Bar called Different. In general Cyprus people are very friendly.

kevin

Fri Jun 01, 2001 3:25 pm

Hi Oliver!

I see you are 16-20 years old. If you like night life , young crowd, beach, booze and disco the only place like that is Ayia Napa. I have been there twice and it was an unforgettable experience.
If you are an aviation buff, Larnaca is a great place to spot. There is a beach called Mackenzie just near to the airport fence. Landing aircraft pass about 10 meters above your head. Nice ah!!!
Enjoy your stay!

Oliver
Topic Author

Sat Jun 02, 2001 9:22 pm

I will go to Agia Napa. Is there anything special to do there except to night life? Anyone has ever rent a bike in Cyprus?