SafeFlyer
Topic Author

Trip Report, Ottawa-Moncton On AC Via Yul

Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:06 am

Sorry I couldn't write this trip report before, I was in Moncton and didn't have the Internet access at the hotel. I'm currently in Halifax at the Delta and they do have the internet acces! (It cost a fortune so I'll try to make this TR short'n'sweet).
Sunday, May 3rd, Ottawa-Moncton (N-B) via Montréal
(YOW-? via YUL)
I arrived at the Ottawa MacDonald Cartier INTL airport about 1h15 min. prior to departure (at 11:45) under a cloudy sky on a rainy and cold day in Ottawa. Their was a long waiting line at the AC's counter. It took about 40 minutes before I reached a counter. So I rushed for the gate. The flight was (apparently) on-time. We boarded at 11:50 in the half-empty Dash 8-100 for Montréal-Dorval and took-off at 12:03 (Late and I had the connection to take in Montreal for Moncton at 13:35). We landed at YUL after a 35-minutes flight. I was suprised to have a smiling FA and they also served soft drinks (Wow!!! all that on AC quite impressive!). So I walked to the gate were our BAe 146-200 of Air Nova was waiting, for the connection to Moncton (At 13:35). They began boarding at 13:15 and we took-off early at about 13:28. Again the FA's were smiling and very friendly (young too, compare to the last FA's I had on AC last time). They served us soft drinks again as well as a club sandwich. This flight was pretty unstable and the captain made a rough landing at Moncton. We landed after an 1-hour flight under a cloudy and cold temperature again.
This morning May 5th, we drived to Halifax and tomorrow morning (May 6th)I'm flying back to Toronto on an AC A320 at 7:55 a.m and flying back to YUL tomorrow too at 21:00 on a 767 . I hope I'll have good flights and I'll try to make the other Trip Reports as soon as I get back home on Friday.
Any questions. (Don't wait for an answer, I won't be home until Friday so, hope you enjoyed this Trip Report!
SafeFlyer!!!! Smile

SafeFlyer
Topic Author

RE: Trip Report, Ottawa-Moncton On AC Via Yul

Sat Jun 09, 2001 10:32 am

I'm back home!!!
trilled to have your comments.
(Sorry for the wrong info I took AC at 9:35 instead of 7:55 as mentionned.
See My other trip reports for the Halifax-Toronto, and YYZ-YUL info on AC.
Regards, SafeFlyer