UN_B732
Topic Author

KLM AMS-YUL

Thu Jul 05, 2001 5:05 am

KLM AMS-YUL Boeing 747-300 "Leonardo Da Vinci"
I landed from Kiev bright and early at 8:40 20-minutes early on Ukraine International (I'll right about that later) and I had 7:30 to waste until my flight to Montreal left at 4:10. The boarding commenced at 3:40 and then we we're kept in front of the gate until at 4:20 they announced a jetway problem. At about 4:30 they boarded the plane. The plane itself amazed me by how new it looked! and the clenliness of the windows! We waited and the flight took off. The drink service had an O.K. selection and entertainment was all right. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! with a choice of Chicken or Pasta for dinner and Ice cream for a snack! Smile/happy/getting dizzy The crew was O.K. this flight but the customers did not seem to be their main priority they just chatted amognst them selves for pretty much the whole flight. Then we landed on time at 5:25 in Montreal. We waited for our baggage a whole hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sleepy Finally I got in my car and got back home. Overall the trip was 5/10.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Felix Sieder

What now?

klmfan

RE: KLM AMS-YUL

Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:31 pm

Nice report!
I've been on many KLM intercontinental flights (mainly from the US to AMS) and you are right. The FAs just keep on chatting instead of offering drinks. Maybe they are thinking that all passengers are asleep. When I was on the flight MEM-AMS I had to ask for a drink but when the same FA was offering drinks to all passengers about half an hour later I didn't get a second drink! I had to ask again!
That's not customer orientated business which you expect from an airline.
regards,  Smile