deltaownsall

What To Expect From Singapore Airlines

Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:08 am

Next June I am scheduled to fly on SQ Raffles class from LAX to Singapore, with a stop in Tokyo. We will be flying on a 744, so hopefully we will get one with the new "spacebed". After that flight, I will be flying from Singapore to Bali in economy. My dad has a First class seat on the LAX- Singapore flight, which I will be able to use part of the time. My question is this; what can I expect from SQ as far as service and comfortability go? How does their Raffles class compare to Business Elite on DL? Are their FA's really nice? What kind of food is served in Raffles class? Is there a Buffet in First Class or Raffles Class? Also, how does their Economy compare to that of DL? Thanks for any info.
DeltaOwnsAll

ake0404ar

RE: What To Expect From Singapore Airlines

Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:00 pm

Check this out....I have flown with SIA twice, both times JFK-FRA - JFK....and the service was exceptional.....better than DL, LH or any american carrier currently flying...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/258441/6/

Vasco Garcia

zizou

Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:23 pm

You are set for some great flights with SQ. Singapore Airlines is one of the best, if not the best airline in the world. Hope you have a great trip, and I look forward to soon reading your trip report.

Fri Aug 24, 2001 1:05 am

All their stewardess are 'HotHotHot'

If you are flying in Raffles, mainly served by green uniform leading stewardness, mainly mid to late 20's.

If economy, mainly blue uniform stewardness, mainly freshies.

Hopefully there wasn't much uncle steward in your flights, unless, you are ....

Enjoy your flights.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri Aug 24, 2001 6:02 am

I won't ruin the experience for you. Just expect what you normally expect and then experience what you will experience.

I sincerely hope you do get yer SpaceBed. You would be very very lucky! But I suppose they are retrofitting from Nov 2001, so there is a lot of hope.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

deltaownsall

Fri Aug 24, 2001 7:29 am

Thanks for the info and opinions everyone, can't wait to have great service, comfortable seat, and hot stewardesses! You can count on the trip report, although the trip isn't until next June  Big grin

rgds,

DeltaOwnsAll

Fri Aug 24, 2001 6:23 pm

Singapore Airlines is good! It has great service.
You'll be lucky to get a spacebed Megatop. I think it's on the newer ones. Big thumbs up

QantasAirways

Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:54 pm

While I have only ever been on Economy, I must say that Singapore Airlines economy service was up to the standards I'd expect from Business Class on other carriers.

All my experiences on SQ were BRILLIANT and nothing negative.
It was funny that on one flight, I was lining up for the toilet and the FA jumped in front of me to clean to toilet for me  Smile
Another time, I had finished my meal and they were still serving, and the FA pushed the trolley right down the aisle for me to give me room to move.

Love those Singapore Gals.
Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

A340-500

Sun Aug 26, 2001 10:25 am

Singapore airlines is cool.
The seats are soft and the entertainment system is great.
I would ride it again soon.

sq_ek_freak

Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:05 am

Singapore Airlines is great!....their servie is great both in Raffles and Economy Class...their F/As are the best in the skies for sure.....they are young, preety and very nice and helping. Hope you enjoy your flight and do hope you get those beds!
Keep Discovering

CaymanCX

Not An Issue!

Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:17 am

I know that some people have had mixed feelings / reports on SIA, but I have flown them to Denpasar (Bali) myself and it was great! I flew from Washington DCA to JFK on DL, then from JFK - SIN (via FRA) on SIA's 744, then onwards from SIN-DPS on an A343.

It was economy rountrip, but the FA's couldn't have been better. On the segment from JFK-FRA, the pilot was very very friendly, with fequent announcments and told us what we would be passing over (I love that!!)

It was a great trip! However on the return, I got really sick from eating something bad in Indonesia, and when we got off for 45mins in Frankfurt, I just laid in one of those yellow chairs and felt SIIIICK! Anyways, I tried to see if I could sit somewhere like a bulkhead so it would feel more spacious, but the flight was 99% full! The FA was very nice tho and checked up on me when she could. A class Act.

from the Zagat review, " phenomenal in coach, heaven in buisness, and nirvana in frist..."
Fly SIA!!!

Patrick.
"Insert generic statement here."