MSPMAN

How Is Sun Country?

Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:53 am

I haven't flown Sun Country scheduled service yet and I want to know how is it. Also what terminal does Sun Country fly into at BOS?

Continental

RE: How Is Sun Country?

Sat Aug 25, 2001 1:35 pm

I've flown their 727 to JFK from MSP last year. The service is quite nice, but the 727 was noisy. I if you fly to BOS, you'll be on the new 737-800, that new plane and the great service will make it just as good as the majors, or even better. To JFK, I got a sandwich, fruit, cheese, and cookies. Not bad at all for such a cheap fare. I think I wen't roundtrip for under $100!!!!!!!!!!

MSPMAN

Fri Aug 31, 2001 4:21 am

Well I just took my flight one week ago and haven't had any time to get to a computer. Anyway here is my report of what I remembered.

Sun Country Airlines #28
MSP-BOS B727-200
Original Times Dep. 7:30 Arv.11:15
Actual Dep. 7:50 Arv. 12:05

The new Humphrey terminal reminds me of International Terminal 5 at O'Hare in Chicago. It's very spacious but dead compared to Terminal 5. This terminal would be great if BA, AF, LH, and SK were to fly to MSP. Anyway boarding went smoothly considering this plane didn't have the new business class but I didn't care. I was flying to Boston the first time on a airline other than Northwest which keeps losing my luggage when I fly to Boston. This flight had a snack service with bite-size pretziles and a whole 12 oz. of soda(known as pop in Minnesota but I'm leaving that anal place). Not concerning with the topic never work for Camp Snoopy, they have anal policies about what you wear and look like. Back to my flight to get away from them. They did have a couple of cute flight attendants on this flight. I do like Minnesota girls. The flight was smooth throughtout just minor turbulance. Terminal D in Boston was dead when we arrived because ATA and Airtran didn't have any flights at the time. Anyway I had a great flight and I'll post my next trip report when I fly back from Boston on Labor Day.

AY-MD11

Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:20 am

I did MSP-JFK trip with SunCountrys B727 back in 1996.it was nice and comfy flight and good snacks on board.the plane landed in Washington D.C.so it was not direct flight..btw does they operate that route still via Washington?that captain was the oldest in Suncountry then and probably the oldest in the industry  Big grin very good flight i can recomend it!

regards,
AY-MD11